Newton Shooting - 29 dead, 22 children

Unfortunately, this is becoming more and more common:

A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for morning classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at schools and kindergartens.

<snip>

A Guangshan county hospital administrator said the man first attacked an elderly woman, then students, before being subdued by security guards who have been posted across China following a spate of school attacks in recent years. He said there were no deaths among the nine students admitted, although two badly injured children had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county.

Full Article

I had actually become quite numb to these type of shootings lately. When I saw the news at the Portland mall my reaction was more or less, this again whatever. I know it is callus, but it gets that way when these things keep happening.

This one smashed that numbness though. 20 children killed in their elementary school classroom, kids probably learning addition or spelling. When I heard this my mind immediately flooded with memories of my childhood classrooms, I can't even imagine the terror those children must of felt. Terribly terribly sad.

A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for morning classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at schools and kindergartens.

<snip>

A Guangshan county hospital administrator said the man first attacked an elderly woman, then students, before being subdued by security guards who have been posted across China following a spate of school attacks in recent years. He said there were no deaths among the nine students admitted, although two badly injured children had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county.

Full Article

Luckily he didn't (couldn't?) have a gun. 22 wounded would have likely been dozens dead. :(

<snip>

Full Article

Luckily he didn't (couldn't?) have a gun. 22 wounded would have likely been dozens dead. :(

Exactly.

The numbers have been updated to 29 dead, 22 of which were children. The body found at the shooter's home was one of his parents. CNN says his name is ***********.

I believe that is the wrong name of the shooter. Doesn't matter anyway.

Can you please remove that name from your post, IMO, that freak needs NO publicity at all.

I saw a video of Ryan Lanza, the 24 year old brother who was in NJ at his house being taken away for questioning, and that's all fine and dandy, but how come they cuffed him and put him in the back of the cruiser? is it just policy?? I'm curious because he was in NJ away from the scene, his Dad wasn't dead. Why couldn't they question him in his house, or else just take him in without having to cuff him, he was being cooperative.

As we know now, the shooter had the brother from NJ's ID. I'm sure they had to take him down to fingerprint him and make sure.