Stai

I am starting to become convinced that what this staff needs is a hot-shot recruiter. Would Stai be that guy? I am thinking probably not. So I would juggle the coaching positions around in such a way that we could bring in that hot-shot recruiter. Every coach looks vastly more inteligent when we have more speed and dynamic athleticism.

• Fire 1

I agree tmfr, can never quite have enough of those guys.

Although Marrow WAS the full TE coach, wasn't he?

The NCAA has allowed GA's to do more in the last couple of years. For all intents and purposes they are full time coaches. They just can't recruit on the road (Marrow had a waiver due to Cotton's surgery) and don't get paid crap.

Yea Cotton isnt going anywhere at least for the next year. Marrow was a full time GA who was working with the Tight Ends along with Garrison who split time with the Tight Ends and Offensive Line.

Garrison could take Marrows spot as full time GA with the Tight Ends and Stai could work alongside Cotton with the Offensive Line.

I am starting to become convinced that what this staff needs is a hot-shot recruiter. Would Stai be that guy? I am thinking probably not. So I would juggle the coaching positions around in such a way that we could bring in that hot-shot recruiter. Every coach looks vastly more inteligent when we have more speed and dynamic athleticism.

I hear John Blake is available...........

I don't believe Garrison works with the TEs currently. That was more or less Marrow's fulltime gig, so I'd say we need to find a TEs coach or another GA who will do what Marrow did for us. In the GA capacity, that was a fairly rare find.

Garrison has worked with TE's in the past or at least it's listed in his Husker Bio as one of the things he does. Now it could be when they got Vince they found an older experienced TE guy who could handle all the things necessary to coach TE and Garrison was able to help out more on the line. Just a guess...

It's probably more like Fuzzy's first post though