Stai

their arrival also coincided with another assistant's leaving.

Does this mean that the assistant leaving made the unit perform better?

Or was it the time spent by Garrison and Stai teaching technique and extending wisdom gleaned from their own personal experience?

It's a real question, not trying to sneer at you. I have to say, in this case, I'm leaning towards the added insight and coaching being substantially relevant in the improvement. It's going to be a hard sell to convince me this was a purely an addition by subtraction situation. Hard, but not impossible. Make the case. If you want. Who really gives a sh#t? I want to win big games. I'm still pissed about Wisco, full disclosure.

And for both you and the Dude: Did you see how f'ing fast the Badger D got in the backfield on Martinez's miracle TD? It was like *that*. Which is why the 8th in the nation thing doesn't satisfy me in terms of representing proof of the line's production, and especially Cotton's ability as an o-line coach.

I'll say it even though anyone who has read my posts know this is intrinsic in most any view I offer, but these are my opinions. They are not the infallible products of an omniscient sentience. So...feel free to tell me why you disagree. I see arguments for Cotton. He isn't a disaster.

I think we can do a lot better.

nope. not saying it was addition by subtraction. just saying there was more to the improvement than just adding garrison and stai.

We will get to see what our "top 10" oline does against UGA. We already know we lack talent in the trenches. No need to stick up for our OL Coaches. Barney is a below average OL coach who we have been giving far too many resources too to make us average in the trenches. Is Barney the best OL coach NU can get? Is he one of the 10-15 best in the country? We all know the answer to that guys.

I agree. Spencer is the exception and not the rule. With that in mind, no top tier program has 3 walk-ons starting and one of them was a converted center. Bama, UGA, Domers, Oregon, KSU?............. No, I am sure these guys starters are not walk-ons. I would guess that they do not have converted DL who are starters. I could be wrong in this.

Look no further than the "glut" of OL on schollie and look at the walk-on starters to realize we have issues. We now have 3 guys coaching center, tackle and guard. Really? And folks think we have seen marked improvement. Stats don't tell everything. IMO, we have some serious OL issues.

• Fire 1