New Slot Receiver Target?

From Husker Journal:

DECEMBER 12, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS

JEFF BADET, WR, 5-11, 160, ORLANDO (FREEDOM), FLORIDA

Badet de-committed from South Florida and now is being pursued by Nebraska. This interview took place December 10.

“I’ve met with the offensive coordinator Tim Beck and I met with Coach Rich Fisher the receivers coach.” Badet said

“I’m close of being offered he (Fisher) was just saying that they need a slot receiver, they said I would be the guy. They (Neb.) need to run through my transcripts see if I fit then have an offer.” Badet said

“The way Nebraska recruits kids, checks out their background stuff, and sees what kind of person I am. In 10 days I should be know if I have an offer, before they leave for the Capital One Bowl game.”

“He (Fisher) said he sat down with Coach Beck and watched film. He (Beck) said he loved me and the wide receivers coach (Fisher) loved me too.” Badet said

"It took him (Beck) awhile to come down to recruit me. The only reason why they didn't come before they thought I was still committed to South Florida. Once he found out I de-committed he started to recruit me." Badet said

Badet said Nebraska has a lot of outside receivers but needs more inside slot receivers. Badet likes NU's offense where he can get the ball in space and make plays. One on one with linebackers and safeties.

Badet is very optimistic that Nebraska will offer, Huskers are very high on him

Dominic Walker another Neb. recruiting target had an in house visit with Coach Fisher December 9. They talked about Badet playing the slot position. Walker is from Orlando Evans High School and are both good friends.

"Dominic is very high on Nebraska," Badet said, "When he visited (Neb.) he fell in love with the campus. He said its (Lincoln) is a football town."

“Yea, of course,” When asked if Nebraska would be on top if offered. “They actually have been out to the school (Freedom HS) for the Capital Bowl game, so I can actually see how they practice. Yea if they do offer me they (Neb.) will be my favorite.” Badet said

Badet said Nebraska is going to practice for the bowl game at Freedom High School.

"I like the academics its really good. The fanbase is really good. Academics is the number one priority, going to Nebraska would be good." Badet said

cornhead.gif

• 4 years later...