I welcome any Georgia Fans

gin_32

Georgia,

I would like to take this time to find a way to welcome you to play the University of Nebraska. Most Fans don't share the fire becuase of what happedned in the championship game(s). Georgia was 5 yards from playing in the nationa championship. Nebraska was getting wooped by Wisconsin. I will always be honest......I do believe that your team has NFL prospects across the board.

But you sleep against this team.....we are going to fight

Yes, we lost to tOSU by a big margin and yes we lost to Wisconin by a huge margin. I do like your team....kind of reminds me of Oklahoma.

Thank you and hope you enjoy this game as much as I do!

GBR

I hope UGA shows up motivated for this game and that the players don't put too much stock in the second Wisconsin game. I've seen multiple Nebraska games this season; the team from the second half of the first Wisconsin game is what I'm expecting to see in Orlando. Y'all have a very good running game and Burkhead is the kind of back that can cause a lot of problems for our run defense, which has been missing since the Ole Miss game. Our defense revolves around John Jenkins and whether or not he can occupy multiple blockers. When he started getting blocked by one player in the SECCG and wasn't commanding double teams, we were in trouble.

I'm really curious to see the mindsets of the two teams. Nebraska will be out to prove that they aren't as bad as they played against Wisconsin while this has sleepwalking written all over it for Georgia.

Can never have too many.

That said . . .

I will fight until the end, battling every step of the way, twisting and turning . . .

Until I get the best of that last beer bottle cap, as I watch the Dawgs score again to make the final score something like 87-24.

Hope I am wrong, but good luck to both teams.

You have 30 commits already for this class. Either you are unware of this, or you tacitly accept and encourage cheating. In which case, you have no integrity. Since that can't be the case, I urge you to contact your conference and demand a return to honorable practices. You are honorable people, right?

As for the game, it isn't real. It's a team that has inflated it's talent level through dubious means (You, Bulldogs) vs a team that hasn't in us. We have no right winning this game...after all, we're at a severe disadvantage because we aren't in the SEC, land of Wonderlic 4s who are...gee...somehow college grads.

Piss off if you aren't disgusted with the impropriety. A win should be an embarrassment for you. Victory is only worth anything if you attain it honorably. :)

Nebula, It's obvious that you do not follow UGA recruiting. For years Richt has under recruited as far as numbers go and really placed us at a disadvantage with teams in the SEC that either oversign and cull out those they don't want or practice the art of gray shirting. This puts us on a level with those schools that get caught with NCAA violations and lose a few scholarships because we are p[laying with less scholarship players than our other SEC schools. You talk about lack of quality depth. Imagine playing Alabama who has a full 85 blue chip scholar athletes playing and you only have about 75 due to not managing your roster very well. That lack of depth might show up somewhere (perhaps the defensive line).

The reason Richt is "oversigning" this year is because we are about 10 scholarships down from last year and about ten of these are early enrollees that count towards last years class. What we are doing is playing catch up. Truthfully, we would be better off to have 25 top flight recruits every year and not have to play catch up.

On your second point. I was looking at the college teams that send the most players to the NFL and Nebraska is top five. UGA is #7. Nebraska must have some talent somewhere. No disrespect intended, but if that is true then people need to get off of Richt's back, because Nebraska is under-performing worse than Georgia.

http://www.nfl.com/n...most-nfl-talent

Nebula, It's obvious that you do not follow UGA recruiting. For years Richt has under recruited as far as numbers go and really placed us at a disadvantage with teams in the SEC that either oversign and cull out those they don't want or practice the art of gray shirting. This puts us on a level with those schools that get caught with NCAA violations and lose a few scholarships because we are p[laying with less scholarship players than our other SEC schools. You talk about lack of quality depth. Imagine playing Alabama who has a full 85 blue chip scholar athletes playing and you only have about 75 due to not managing your roster very well. That lack of depth might show up somewhere (perhaps the defensive line).

The reason Richt is "oversigning" this year is because we are about 10 scholarships down from last year and about ten of these are early enrollees that count towards last years class. What we are doing is playing catch up. Truthfully, we would be better off to have 25 top flight recruits every year and not have to play catch up.

On your second point. I was looking at the college teams that send the most players to the NFL and Nebraska is top five. UGA is #7. Nebraska must have some talent somewhere. No disrespect intended, but if that is true then people need to get off of Richt's back, because Nebraska is under-performing worse than Georgia.

Agree with everything you said. We habitually under-perform every year, but it's slightly more complicated. We have speed talent up the whazoo, but we are always lacking on the O and D lines. Quick, name a player besides Suh that played line (either side of the ball) in the last 3 years and is in the NFL? Uh, Carl Nicks? Now, name NU speed players in the last 3 years now in the NFL. I can think of at least 10 in the time it took me to write this sentence. So, yes, we have tons of NFL players, but most of that talent is wasted because they don't have good lines to play behind.

Agree with everything you said. We habitually under-perform every year, but it's slightly more complicated. We have speed talent up the whazoo, but we are always lacking on the O and D lines. Quick, name a player besides Suh that played line (either side of the ball) in the last 3 years and is in the NFL? Uh, Carl Nicks? Now, name NU speed players in the last 3 years now in the NFL. I can think of at least 10 in the time it took me to write this sentence. So, yes, we have tons of NFL players, but most of that talent is wasted because they don't have good lines to play behind.

Jared Crick is with the Texans. Not sure if they are still in the NFL but I'm pretty sure Barry Turner, Pierre Allen and Terrance Moore were all with a team at one time. Also, Yoshi Hardrick is either currently with the Bucs or I know he spent some time there this season.

To be honest...I've actually always kind of liked Richt and Georgia. I just despise what your conference has done to the game.

I even have close relatives that went to Tech, so I root for Georgia annually just to piss them off. :lol:

It's not fair to hurl lacerating comments at you through some "guilt by association" justification. That's on me.

None of that changes how I feel about your conference, though. In the battle between integrity and winning, your comrades have scoffed at the former and are throughly unapologetic about Cam Newtoning their way into the latter. Over signing is the one thing that is copped to, but we both know damn well that's only a part of the full equation.

• Fire 2

Ricky Henry (Saints)

Jamarcus Hardrick (Saints)

Jared Crick (Texans)

Keith Williams (Bills)

Matt Slauson (Jets)

Zach Potter (Jaguars)

Carl Nicks (Bucks)

Mike McNeill (Rams)

Marcel Jones (Saints)

More than you think

Georgia is one $EC team that doesn't bother me too much, probably because they haven't been relevant till this year. Having said that, I expect them to kick the s##t out of us on New Years Day!

Having you say that, I hope your TV, satelite or cable go out right before the game. :thumbs

That makes two of us