I welcome any Georgia Fans

gin_32

Agree with everything you said. We habitually under-perform every year, but it's slightly more complicated. We have speed talent up the whazoo, but we are always lacking on the O and D lines. Quick, name a player besides Suh that played line (either side of the ball) in the last 3 years and is in the NFL? Uh, Carl Nicks? Now, name NU speed players in the last 3 years now in the NFL. I can think of at least 10 in the time it took me to write this sentence. So, yes, we have tons of NFL players, but most of that talent is wasted because they don't have good lines to play behind.

Ricky Henry (Saints)

Jamarcus Hardrick (Saints)

Jared Crick (Texans)

Keith Williams (Bills)

Matt Slauson (Jets)

Zach Potter (Jaguars)

Carl Nicks (Bucks)

Mike McNeill (Rams)

Marcel Jones (Saints)

More than you think

More than half that list was coached by Barney Cotton. Just sayin.

Agree with everything you said. We habitually under-perform every year, but it's slightly more complicated. We have speed talent up the whazoo, but we are always lacking on the O and D lines. Quick, name a player besides Suh that played line (either side of the ball) in the last 3 years and is in the NFL? Uh, Carl Nicks? Now, name NU speed players in the last 3 years now in the NFL. I can think of at least 10 in the time it took me to write this sentence. So, yes, we have tons of NFL players, but most of that talent is wasted because they don't have good lines to play behind.

Ricky Henry (Saints)

Jared Crick (Texans)

Keith Williams (Bills)

Matt Slauson (Jets)

Zach Potter (Jaguars)

Carl Nicks (Bucks)

Mike McNeill (Rams)

Marcel Jones (Saints)

More than you think

More than half that list was coached by Barney Cotton. Just sayin.

No way, that guy needs to go! (sarcasm)

Ricky Henry (Saints)

Jared Crick (Texans)

Keith Williams (Bills)

Matt Slauson (Jets)

Zach Potter (Jaguars)

Carl Nicks (Bucks)

Mike McNeill (Rams)

Marcel Jones (Saints)

More than you think

Ok, let me rephrase. Players in the NFL that actually make a difference.

Ricky Henry (Saints) Has played in 1 pro game in his career

Jamarcus Hardrick (Saints) Has never played a pro game

Jared Crick (Texans) 2nd-string, 20 tackles in 13 games

Keith Williams (Bills) 2nd-string

Matt Slauson (Jets) Played in 2008, outside criteria

Zach Potter (Jaguars) Played in 2008, outside criteria

Carl Nicks (Bucks) Played in 2007, outside criteria

Mike McNeill (Rams) 3rd-string, 4 career catches

Marcel Jones (Saints) Hasn't played since preseason

So, in the last 3 years, we have 1 player (Suh) who starts in the NFL, and only 4 players that have played more than 1 game. Pretty poor showing, if you ask me. For comparison, Wisconsin has:

Garrett Graham (Texans) Starter

Travis Beckum (Giants) Starter

Gabe Carimi (Bears) Starter

Lance Kendricks (Rams) Starter

Peter Konz (Falcons) Starter

John Moffitt (Seahawks) Starter

Bill Nagy (Lions) Starter (before season-ending knee injury)

Matt Shaughnessy (Raiders) Starter

Kraig Urbik (Bills) Starter

J.J. Watt (Texans) Starter

Kevin Zeitler (Bengals) Starter

If this doesn't prove my point, then nothing will.

• Fire 1

So, in the last 3 years, we have 1 player (Suh) who starts in the NFL, and only 4 players that have played more than 1 game. Pretty poor showing, if you ask me. For comparison, Wisconsin has:

No need to get an attitude. You asked a question, I answered it for you. No need to get all offensive.

Ricky Henry would be starting if he wasn't injured right now. Hardrick just joined the team two weeks ago.

You make it seam like its easy for someone to come in and make an impact right away. It takes most players almost 3-4 years before they even see the field, even in preseason.

I take it since your so willing to throw our coaching staff under the bus, that you could obviously put everyone in the NFL and have then starting their first year? Just because your good in college doesn't mean you will last in the NFL.

No need to get an attitude. You asked a question, I answered it for you. No need to get all offensive.

Ricky Henry would be starting if he wasn't injured right now. Hardrick just joined the team two weeks ago.

You make it seam like its easy for someone to come in and make an impact right away. It takes most players almost 3-4 years before they even see the field, even in preseason.

I take it since your so willing to throw our coaching staff under the bus, that you could obviously put everyone in the NFL and have then starting their first year? Just because your good in college doesn't mean you will last in the NFL.

You asserted your own opinion, and he responded with his own rebuttal. That isn't having an attitude or "getting all offensive."

You're arguing w/ HuskerNationNick. Just give up now. Huskers could lose by a 100 and he'd still have some obscure stat that proves we were the better team, the coaches were better, and at the end of it all he'll throw out the 10 wins thing as icing on his crumbling cake.

LMFAO, he stated that we haven't had that many players from the OL and DL in the NFL. I showed that he was wrong. He recanted, stating that he didn't word it right. I never argued that we we don't have many in the NFL starting. That he is right on. You also can not expect someone to go in the NFL and start within their first 3 years, unless that team drafted someone very early, for that reason (IE Crick last year). Crick is once again out, due to an injury, otherwise, I do believe he would have quality playing time. Just because we don't have players starting in the NFL, doesn't mean our staff is lacking on coaching.

Ricky Henry (Saints)

Jared Crick (Texans)

Keith Williams (Bills)

Matt Slauson (Jets)

Zach Potter (Jaguars)

Carl Nicks (Bucks)

Mike McNeill (Rams)

Marcel Jones (Saints)

More than you think

I could've sworn I saw Dennard and LaVonte David starting. Last time I checked they were making a difference too. Gomes? Doesnt start but plays quite bit last I saw. Prince still playing? Or are these guys moot to this discussion for a reason I'm missing?

I could've sworn I saw Dennard and LaVonte David starting. Last time I checked they were making a difference too. Gomes? Doesnt start but plays quite bit last I saw. Prince still playing? Or are these guys moot to this discussion for a reason I'm missing?

Its because they aren't part of either side of the "line", like KC Cowboy initially said. I was going to mention them, but of course, I would be called out for going "off topic".

Ricky Henry (Saints)

Jared Crick (Texans)

Keith Williams (Bills)

Matt Slauson (Jets)

Zach Potter (Jaguars)

Carl Nicks (Bucks)

Mike McNeill (Rams)

Marcel Jones (Saints)

More than you think

Its because they aren't part of either side of the "line", like KC Cowboy initially said. I was going to mention them, but of course, I would be called out for going "off topic".

Yeah, i just figured that out. haha. I'm such an ass. Was just coming here to disclaim my case.

You're arguing w/ HuskerNationNick. Just give up now. Huskers could lose by a 100 and he'd still have some obscure stat that proves we were the better team, the coaches were better, and at the end of it all he'll throw out the 10 wins thing as icing on his crumbling cake.

LMFAO, he stated that we haven't had that many players from the OL and DL in the NFL. I showed that he was wrong. He recanted, stating that he didn't word it right. I never argued that we we don't have many in the NFL starting. That he is right on. You also can not expect someone to go in the NFL and start within their first 3 years, unless that team drafted someone very early, for that reason (IE Crick last year). Crick is once again out, due to an injury, otherwise, I do believe he would have quality playing time. Just because we don't have players starting in the NFL, doesn't mean our staff is lacking on coaching.

I actually think you do expect guys to go to the NFL and start within their first 3. This isn't college - they get paid millions per year...they'd better be starting - or at least earning time. And as he pointed out - the list is long from Wisconsin. It would just be nice to actually have one or two in there to give our OL some credibility with recruits. At this point who's the poster child you're going to put up there when you're selling them on Nebraska? Ricky Henry? I know the list of excuses is long for you. You can find one for about everything on this team. I applaud you for that. But at some point you have to notice the trend and realize that there must be deeper issues there. How many more decades can you continue to write off our problems to injuries before you start accepting that the real issue is the lack of depth after the injuries which is rooted in poor recruiting, poor roster management, and poor development. we've had some damn good talent here. they are either not with the team or never developing into what they were expect to. you can list a number of guys that are "going to be great" out of these underclassman, but your ignoring the fact that the list is similar each year - just someone else spewing it off - and we're lucky to have any of them end up marginal, let alone great.

I actually think you do expect guys to go to the NFL and start within their first 3. This isn't college - they get paid millions per year...they'd better be starting - or at least earning time. And as he pointed out - the list is long from Wisconsin. It would just be nice to actually have one or two in there to give our OL some credibility with recruits. At this point who's the poster child you're going to put up there when you're selling them on Nebraska? Ricky Henry? I know the list of excuses is long for you. You can find one for about everything on this team. I applaud you for that. But at some point you have to notice the trend and realize that there must be deeper issues there. How many more decades can you continue to write off our problems to injuries before you start accepting that the real issue is the lack of depth after the injuries which is rooted in poor recruiting, poor roster management, and poor development. we've had some damn good talent here. they are either not with the team or never developing into what they were expect to. you can list a number of guys that are "going to be great" out of these underclassman, but your ignoring the fact that the list is similar each year - just someone else spewing it off - and we're lucky to have any of them end up marginal, let alone great.

If they aren't first or second round, they aren't expected to start right away, and they are LUCKY to make close to a million a year. Most get signed minimum of 375K until they prove they can do more, and get signed a new contract.

I would say our coaches were horrible, if we weren't making a walk-on an ALL AMERICAN, or if we didn't average 7 yards a pass, or average player rushing over 5 yards a carry. If we weren't so dangerous (MINUS TURNOVERS which has nothing to do with the OL) on offense, then yes, we would have offensive line issues.

NOT ONCE have I stated we have not had D-line issues. That is something I have stated all year round. I wouldn't grade our coaching staff off of how many players we have "starting in the NFL". I will grade them on how well we perform throughout our college season. There are a couple coaches that you can't grade yet, because they haven't been here long enough to make an impact. Like Coach Kaz. He isn't even working with his recruited kids, besides Curry, who is injured. Unfortunately, he is working with what was given to him, and we know that can't be easy.

As far as I am concerned, our offense is the least of our issues. Sirles, Rodriguez, Choi, Jackson (if he can get healthy by the combine), Pensick, and Long will all be picked up in the draft when their graduation day comes.

Not everyone is cut out for the NFL.

The key phrase was "played line"

Yeah, i just figured that out. haha. I'm such an ass. Was just coming here to disclaim my case.

Yes. I'm an ass. Leave me alone.