Marrow to coach with NU in Bowl Game

Huskball

I thought this was interesting. Vince Marrow is going to coach and be on the sidelines with Nebraska through/during the Bowl Game. This is not a rumor; the coaches confirmed in the LJS.

I certainly appreciate Marrow and his abilities, but does anyone else think this could be a conflict of interests. Do we want him spending more time with the team and possibly communicating with our potential recruits? I'm sure that I am being overly cynical; I'm guessing it will be good for the current players.

What does everyone else think?

Here is the LJS article:

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2012/capital-one-bowl/red-report-nebraska-locks-in-on-georgia/article_720395be-ab00-5d06-9a76-c671f12e2211.html

I think its fine. Let him finish what he started and it will be great for the players he currently coaches. I would bet that they have something in place to keep him "away" from any recruits.

This wouldn't be any different than Bo coaching the NCG and then coming to Lincoln after the game.

Edited by HuskerThor

Exactly Landlord, and its not like Marrow went out looking for the job. Bo gave the word and basically gave his application to Stoops. This alone, shows the respect Marrow has for Nebraska and our coaching staff. Hell, instead of stealing C. Love, he told him to stay committed to Nebraska. Guy continues to help our current commits he got to stick with their word. Hats off to Marrow and his respect. I don't mind him coaching in the Capital One Bowl at all. Now if he went behind Bo's back and took the Kentucky job, then I would be on a different page.

Exactly Landlord, and its not like Marrow went out looking for the job. Bo gave the word and basically gave his application to Stoops. This alone, shows the respect Marrow has for Nebraska and our coaching staff. Hell, instead of stealing C. Love, he told him to stay committed to Nebraska. Guy continues to help our current commits he got to stick with their word. Hats off to Marrow and his respect. I don't mind him coaching in the Capital One Bowl at all. Now if he went behind Bo's back and took the Kentucky job, then I would be on a different page.

So, is it your sense that he is still trying to convince Beau to come to Lincoln..?

So, is it your sense that he is still trying to convince Beau to come to Lincoln..?

That is the vibe I have been getting. I don't know how much he's actively "recruiting" him, but I would assume he said something like he did to Love, "Nebraska is the best place for you."

I don't think we ever had Sandland to be honest. With Marrow leaving, that ended any possibilities we had in landing him, which I think was slim as it was. I am sure Marrow didn't stop trying to get Sandland here though, and possibly still tried to pull some strings. If Sandland was sold on Marrow, you think he would have shown a slight interest in going to Kentucky. Instead, he committed to Miami.