Anyone still hungover?

craigsker

So Hukserfowler, Georgia is relevant for 1 year and they are a big boy? Nope, try again.

You are recklessly swinging at anything that moves. Establish some sort of premise. What are you trying to argue?

Georgia had a good season that ended up 4 yards short of an SEC championship and a NC birth. Very good football team and it will take a great game for us to beat them.

I do however like our offense matching up with their defense though. Truely do. Watched the SEC title game yesterday and Georgia's LBs aren't very disciplined against the run. Very talented, but gamble a ton. I like the fact that we SHOULD be able to move the ball on them. Defensively, I don't like the match ups. We will need a huge game out of Stafford and PJ to beat them. Will take a hell of a defensive effort to beat them. But last I checked there is a game to be played and our boys in red will be there!!!!!!!

over a period of time has a team been consistent enough to be a threat to win the conference every year or national championship. It would be a team that would get talked almost every year. Georgia isn't one of those teams.

So Hukserfowler, Georgia is relevant for 1 year and they are a big boy? Nope, try again.

You are recklessly swinging at anything that moves. Establish some sort of premise. What are you trying to argue?

Georgia had a good season that ended up 4 yards short of an SEC championship and a NC birth. Very good football team and it will take a great game for us to beat them.

I do however like our offense matching up with their defense though. Truely do. Watched the SEC title game yesterday and Georgia's LBs aren't very disciplined against the run. Very talented, but gamble a ton. I like the fact that we SHOULD be able to move the ball on them. Defensively, I don't like the match ups. We will need a huge game out of Stafford and PJ to beat them. Will take a hell of a defensive effort to beat them. But last I checked there is a game to be played and our boys in red will be there!!!!!!!

over a period of time has a team been consistent enough to be a threat to win the conference every year or national championship. It would be a team that would get talked almost every year. Georgia isn't one of those teams.

You are already prepping the spin if we beat them aren't you??

You realize that previous years have absolutely nothing to do with this year, correct?...

You are already prepping the spin if we beat them aren't you??

Nope. Unless Bo gets a good game plan I fully expect it to be CCG part 2. But if we can hang with Georgia then i'll give Bo props if not then he deserves the criticism that is justified.

You realize that previous years have absolutely nothing to do with this year, correct?...

do you also realize one hit wonders as well?

So you are basically agreeing that they are one of the better teams this year with this comment??

Yes. I'm not sure if that's what I would classify Georgia as, but whatever it takes for you to acknowledge that Georgia is a pretty damn good football team. Because I have no idea what you're even trying to argue with all of this.

I can't remember a time where I have felt the hangover from a loss as long as this one after losing the B1G championship. I'm finding it hard to shake this funk I'm in and just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. That loss stung bad...

Am I a bad fan if I say I'm just not that excited about the bowl game?

You might be...are you from Iowa?

But that's here and there and now we are going to face the Georgia Bulldogs.

You want an easy loss ...then stay in your inner shell.

I truly wanted to play Alabama, but playing Georgia is pretty sweet. To me you are the worst kind of fans out there. You want to win all the time and when we lose you want to hide. Yes...I do believe that Georgia has probably better players than us but they still have to play the game. I'm not going to lie...Georgia has the team to beat us very bad but I will not conceed anything. I just hope that more nebraska fans felt that we have more a shot than you do.

I wouldn't call the Capital One Bowl a good bowl. We have regressed in the last 2 years. Bo has had his chance to get new OC's on both sides of the ball. He hired his inexperienced friends. kids won't want to come if everytime they see on tv is Nebraska getting waxed. It will hurt recruiting if they keep happening. Bo will have time for Georgia and if it's another lopsided loss then Bo isn't doing his best. Georgia isn't a big boy they haven't been consistent enough.

2010 bowl game - Holiday bowl - quality factors: first game 1978, pay out $2.35 million, played on Dec 27

2011 bowl game - Capital One bowl - quality factors: first game 1946, pay out $4.25 million (highest non-,BCS) played on Jan 1

2012 bowl game - Capital One bowl - quality factors: first game 1946, pay out $4.25 million (highest non-,BCS) played on Jan 1

That seems to be more of a benefit of joining the Big Ten, than it is an indicator of how the football team has progressed.

Or in this case, regressed.