Anyone still hungover?

craigsker

I can understand the OP's sentiment. We just got our asses handed to us in primetime, it's a bit tough to just shake it off.

I just hope they come out with a little piss and vinegar against UGA, because if they don't, this might be the crappiest off season yet...

I hope they come out swinging too, but the thing is... they should have come out swinging so many times before. I don't know that there was ever a more opportune time to snatch a conference title and BCS berth than this year. If it couldn't be done this year, what makes anyone think it'll happen next year?

It's just hard to get excited for this game as a fan.

I can't remember a time where I have felt the hangover from a loss as long as this one after losing the B1G championship. I'm finding it hard to shake this funk I'm in and just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. That loss stung bad...

Am I a bad fan if I say I'm just not that excited about the bowl game?

In 2008 Georgia started out 4-0, with a solid win over a good Arizona State team and a decent South Carolina team. Then Alabama came to Athens and ran over us 41-30 (but not hearly that close). That was a total shock to just about every Dawg fan and we went on to lose to Florida and Georgia Tech. So, yes, a tough loss can take the starch out of you for a while.

I can understand the OP's sentiment. We just got our asses handed to us in primetime, it's a bit tough to just shake it off.

I just hope they come out with a little piss and vinegar against UGA, because if they don't, this might be the crappiest off season yet...

I hope they come out swinging too, but the thing is... they should have come out swinging so many times before. I don't know that there was ever a more opportune time to snatch a conference title and BCS berth than this year. If it couldn't be done this year, what makes anyone think it'll happen next year?

It's just hard to get excited for this game as a fan.

You're not a real fan.

:sarcasm

I wouldn't call the Capital One Bowl a good bowl. We have regressed in the last 2 years. Bo has had his chance to get new OC's on both sides of the ball. He hired his inexperienced friends. kids won't want to come if everytime they see on tv is Nebraska getting waxed. It will hurt recruiting if they keep happening. Bo will have time for Georgia and if it's another lopsided loss then Bo isn't doing his best. Georgia isn't a big boy they haven't been consistent enough.

2010 bowl game - Holiday bowl - quality factors: first game 1978, pay out $2.35 million, played on Dec 27

2011 bowl game - Capital One bowl - quality factors: first game 1946, pay out $4.25 million (highest non-,BCS) played on Jan 1

2012 bowl game - Capital One bowl - quality factors: first game 1946, pay out $4.25 million (highest non-,BCS) played on Jan 1

That seems to be more of a benefit of joining the Big Ten, than it is an indicator of how the football team has progressed.

Or in this case, regressed.

Everything has to constantly be progressing? right? That is how you see it? Never regression, ever, any standpoint. huh? Never stay the same? Oh, btw, that is impossible so continue to set your expectations at next to impossible. Cant be happy with decent year for the last 5 years? I promise there will be very awesome years, and yes, some years we may only win 8. Both of these are uncommon, but guess what, they will happen. That I promise

I wouldn't call the Capital One Bowl a good bowl. We have regressed in the last 2 years. Bo has had his chance to get new OC's on both sides of the ball. He hired his inexperienced friends. kids won't want to come if everytime they see on tv is Nebraska getting waxed. It will hurt recruiting if they keep happening. Bo will have time for Georgia and if it's another lopsided loss then Bo isn't doing his best. Georgia isn't a big boy they haven't been consistent enough.

2010 bowl game - Holiday bowl - quality factors: first game 1978, pay out $2.35 million, played on Dec 27

2011 bowl game - Capital One bowl - quality factors: first game 1946, pay out $4.25 million (highest non-,BCS) played on Jan 1

2012 bowl game - Capital One bowl - quality factors: first game 1946, pay out $4.25 million (highest non-,BCS) played on Jan 1

That seems to be more of a benefit of joining the Big Ten, than it is an indicator of how the football team has progressed.

Everything has to constantly be progressing? right? That is how you see it? Never regression, ever, any standpoint. huh? Never stay the same? Oh, btw, that is impossible so continue to set your expectations at next to impossible. Cant be happy with decent year for the last 5 years? I promise there will be very awesome years, and yes, some years we may only win 8. Both of these are uncommon, but guess what, they will happen. That I promise

What in God's name are you babbling about?

Um so if there are never any awesome years what are you promising?