HUSKER VID for All You METAL HEAD HUSKER Fans

Dude....Harvesters of Sorrow, One, Dyers Eve! Need I say more.

obviously you werent a metallica fan until And Justice for All came out.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jason, especially when he was in F&J. I think the worst thing Metallica did was not allow him to contribute to the songs. But there is not one song or album that was better then the Cliff ear, period! There was no way Cliff would have let them make any of the albums they did after his death.

• Fire 1

Don't get me wrong, I love Jason, especially when he was in F&J. I think the worst thing Metallica did was not allow him to contribute to the songs. But there is not one song or album that was better then the Cliff ear, period! There was no way Cliff would have let them make any of the albums they did after his death.

My point exactly.

I still think the black album and Load would have happened with Cliff. His influence would have made those albums different, perhaps better, but I don't imagine him being the type to demand they shan't stray from thrash metal. Especially a southern rock type album like Load. . . It's hard to say, but I think Cliff would have embraced something like that being a big CCR/Lynyrd Skynyrd/Allman Brothers type guy.

Where the Wild Things Are, for example, is arguably better than quite a few songs on their first two albums. Which says, yeah, they should have let Jason contribute more.

I still think the black album and Load would have happened with Cliff. His influence would have made those albums different, perhaps better, but I don't imagine him being the type to demand they shan't stray from thrash metal. Especially a southern rock type album like Load. . . It's hard to say, but I think Cliff would have embraced something like that being a big CCR/Lynyrd Skynyrd/Allman Brothers type guy.

Where the Wild Things Are, for example, is arguably better than quite a few songs on their first two albums. Which says, yeah, they should have let Jason contribute more.

I completely disagree. Folks don't realize that before Cliff died, he was the non defacto "leader" for the most part. It wasn't until he died that Lars had to step it up. That being said, there would have been an attempt to make the black album, but once Cliff realized what was happening, I have no doubt he'd have said, F this...

Is it just me, or is Down at least 6 times better than Pantera?

I love Down, their first album might have been the best album of the 90's for my dollar. But Pantera and Down, are two completely different animals. Each have their moments that are simply amazing, but what separates each on of those bands from each other, are the guitarists....

• Fire 1

I completely disagree. Folks don't realize that before Cliff died, he was the non defacto "leader" for the most part. It wasn't until he died that Lars had to step it up. That being said, there would have been an attempt to make the black album, but once Cliff realized what was happening, I have no doubt he'd have said, F this...

Check out what he said at around 2:03 in this video:

Also, I'd like to submit into evidence:

It’s a big difference of what we do and what we listen to.

I listen to stuff that has nothing at all to do with hard rock, like R.E.M. have you heard them?

I also like Peter Gabriel, Roxy Music and the older hard rock. you know, Thin Lizzy, Blue öyster Cult, Rush and Black Sabbath and also punk like the Misfits.

Sometimes when I listen to softer music than what we do, I feel like writing songs like that.

Right now though, there’s no time for that.

But one day I think it will happen.

http://www.angelfire..._interview.html

He strikes me as perhaps the most open-minded guy of the whole group. Beating his chest and striving to be heavier/louder/faster than the next band seemed to be of little interest to him. I think he just wanted to make good music, and like I said, I think those latter albums would have been better with his influence.

I'm a bit young...well sorta ha. I am 27 and the first Metallica album I bought was Ride the Lightning I believe. Then I purchased Master of Puppets, thereafter I purchased Justice I believe. I believe they are all very good (pre-Black Album) along with Kill em All, but when I heard "One" and "Harvester" I became an even more diehard fan. I've seen Metallica 3 times live and was never disappointed. I wish I was able to go to a concert when I was 11 (around the time I began listening to them) because I heard that they put on some crazy good metal shows during the early 90's. I have the "Live sh#t/Binge and Purge" tapes and the live recordings from that tour are ridiculous awesome.

Is it just me, or is Down at least 6 times better than Pantera?

I love Down, their first album might have been the best album of the 90's for my dollar. But Pantera and Down, are two completely different animals. Each have their moments that are simply amazing, but what separates each on of those bands from each other, are the guitarists....

Yeah, I agree. Each have their own style a bit and are both great. I've seen Down live once and it was a pretty good show.