The Capital One Bowl...this deal is getting worse all the time...

From a UGA fan and friend of mine. Richts is taking heat from their fans for allowing seniors and guys coming out early to have a curfew of 3 a.m. All others have a midnight curfew. He also said it is being reported that guys who are going into the combine/entering draft will only be playing a quarter so as to lessen their chances of injury.

Bottom line, the opinion appears from their side this game means nothing. It was a "consolation prize" that the team is now using to enjoy a deserved break.

I hope we come out and punch them in the mouth. Run it down their throat and leave them with a a$$ whoopin.

Merry Christmas!

I think you heard it wrong, he said those guys would only "have" to play a quarter, meaning they'd be up so much after one, he could get the younger guys some PT. :sarcasm

Richt has lost the last two bowl games (UCF, MSU) after previously only having lost two out of the previous nine bowl games. I wouldn't believe that about the guys going pro for a second. Richt does believe in the reward part of the bowl game and it makes one wonder if he takes the bowl games serious sometimes, but after two straight losses in bowl games, I think he will keep them focused.

I would say the game actually sets up nicer for you guys. Nebraska really wants to get the taste of that B1G championship game out of their mouths. That team will be playing with some intensity and pride to show that is not the "real" Nebraska team. The UGA team has to be disappointed after losing a chance at playing for the national Championship game and I am not sure how you get up for this game after losing that game. This is a chance for Nebraska to show how they stack up against the big bad SEC. UGA has to show that they really were deserving of a shot at the Natty, but I am not sure that will be enough motivation to really get them fired up.

Pellini needs to get some of this guys to talk trash. eyeswear2allthatsholy Our guys need something to fire them up and motivate them. That is about the only thing that I know might really get them up for this game.

Richt has lost the last two bowl games (UCF, MSU) after previously only having lost two out of the previous nine bowl games. I wouldn't believe that about the guys going pro for a second. Richt does believe in the reward part of the bowl game and it makes one wonder if he takes the bowl games serious sometimes, but after two straight losses in bowl games, I think he will keep them focused.

Just wanted to let you know Pelini too has lost two straight bowl games (Washington 10' and South Carolina 11') so looks like both coaches are trying to end their bowl game losing streaks.

Will Bo have these players ready for the game? Maybe but I won't be surprised to see this team fall flat once again (Last two bowl games, Wisconsin 11' and 12' B1G championship game, Northwestern 11', Michigan 11', Ohio State 12' to name a few). I'm already predicting a huge Georgia win but I'll still watch the game.

Also I might point out that you guys actually played to win the SEC Championship and almost did might I add where Nebraska played as if they didn't even want to be there.

Nebraska has nothing to gain from winning this game as far as national perception goes. If we win, UGA has the built-in excuse of the CCG disappointment. And if we lose, well that's what's expected anyways. For me this is about getting to watch one more game before the next nine months of grueling agony with out husker football. I'm gonna drink a lot, cheer a lot, probably yell a lot, but in the end ill be sad no matter the outcome, for its the final game of the season!

Win or lose, just give me great effort and ill always bleed RED! GBR.

I doubt the Big 12 holds any animosity towards us. I for one think this could be a good thing. They might suck but not as much as BIG ref's when it comes to secondary coverage. With aggressive play on the corners and if Stafford can take a Geometry course in 2 weeks all that's left is linebacker play to the outside. Don't let them jam (commit to the line early) them up in the middle and we are golden. Give TMart a 5 hour energy drink and B12 to help his thought process, looks like a win too me.

I just like watching the Huskers play, period. Don't care who its against, or where. I think we always have a chance of winning. I don't know if we can jump on Georgia early, but if we do we will most likely give up a few quick td's off turnovers, to fall behind. I think it will be one of two things we have seen all season. We win close, or we lose big. There is know in between with this team. Lets hope it is a good game with no injuries.

GBR!!!

I doubt the Big 12 holds any animosity towards us. I for one think this could be a good thing. They might suck but not as much as BIG ref's when it comes to secondary coverage. With aggressive play on the corners and if Stafford can take a Geometry course in 2 weeks all that's left is linebacker play to the outside. Don't let them jam (commit to the line early) them up in the middle and we are golden. Give TMart a 5 hour energy drink and B12 to help his thought process, looks like a win too me.

They might be pissier that aTm and that one other team (who cares) left for the $ec.

there are only three ways this game can end...

1. huskers eek out a win.
  2. huskers win big.
  3. huskers get curb-stomped early on, i become incredibly inebriated and spend the majority of the game crying to myself while posting cat *.gifs to the 'open game' thread to trying make myself feel better.

4. post-340-0-13665800-1356541934.gif

Many see this game as a blowout, but I see this game as more evenly matched than most do. Georgia is a very balanced offense. Their rushing game isn't superior, and their RB's aren't any better than who we have previously seen in B1G play. They are a passing team more than a rushing team, and this could play in our favor. Their Offensive Line is also not as big/talented as Wisconsin's either.

This is going to be an offensive game, where its going to come down to a few defensive key stops. If they can't establish a run game, our secondary will have no problem making Georgia have a long night. Its going to be a better game than some people think. If we win, I will be in heaven. If we lose, then we lose. As long as we don't get embarrassed, then I won't have a problem with dealing with it.

09/01/12 vs. Buffalo media-icon-tv.gif Athens, Ga. W, 45-23 09/08/12 at Missouri * media-icon-tv.gif Columbia, Mo. W, 41-20 09/15/12 vs. Florida Atlantic media-icon-tv.gif Athens, Ga. W, 56-20 09/22/12 vs. Vanderbilt * media-icon-tv.gif Athens, Ga. W, 48-3 09/29/12 vs. Tennessee * media-icon-tv.gifAthens, Ga. W, 51-44 10/06/12 at South Carolina * media-icon-tv.gifColumbia, S.C. L, 35-7 10/20/12 at Kentucky * media-icon-tv.gifLexington, Ky. W, 29-24 10/27/12 vs. Florida * media-icon-tv.gifJacksonville, Fla. W, 17-9 11/03/12 vs. Ole Miss * media-icon-tv.gif Athens, Ga. W, 37-10 11/10/12 at Auburn * media-icon-tv.gif Auburn, Ala. W, 38-0 11/17/12 vs. Georgia Southern media-icon-tv.gif Athens, Ga. W, 45-14 11/24/12 vs. Georgia Tech media-icon-tv.gif Athens, Ga. W, 42-10

I really do not see a reason to fear them, especially without a highly mobile QB. They had a very- VERY pud schedule IMO IMO IMO

had to really show up for 3 games all year- SC Florida and Bama, 1-2 when needing to show up. Bama lost to ATM. so Meh. No fear on my side.