State of HuskerBoard

walksalone

I've seen some of the low point on this board (Callahan, Cosgrove Death Threats, etc) just to name a couple.

But in the past 6 months or year even, I don't think I've ever seen this level of jackassery. If it wasn't the invasion of the refugee HP members, or some random douchenozzle starting sh*t after a loss, this year has been a dumpster fire. So many folks have just showed up, and turned what was a really good message board, into the sh*t pinata it is now, subsequently running off a lot of the guys that made this a great place to shoot the sh*t.

I'm not the only one out there, who misses how much fun this board used to be...

• Fire 1

I agree with the above. I have been no saint in the slightest, but I agree with anything you have to do to get thins place under control. I'll give my feedback as I see fit, but I'll back the mods on each decision.

But EZ is one of the "old guard". When things got out of hand, we were able to police ourselves for the most part. The majority of those logging on is to either troll at inappropriate times, or pull a "FLU".

I've been no saint either, but when I've dropped bombs, i've tried to do it in defense of somebody or calling out something thats just stupid.

I bet there has been more people banned this year, than since Clownahan was here...

For all the concern you're showing here, walks, you've never once used the Report function on any post that I'm aware of - or if you have, it's been so long ago that I don't remember. I am concerned that you're not enjoying the board as much as you used to, but this kind of open griping really bothers me when I've had nothing to go on before.

You mentioned the Huskerpedia people. That's partially your own fault, walks. There have been several people who've joined from Huskerpedia who have intended to be regular, fine members of the board, but there were several people here who decided that "they" weren't going to fit in with "us," and they were hounded out of here.

HuskerThor is a great example of this, although there are others. He's a good member, a good guy, a guy I've had the pleasure of having a beer with, but there was a time when he was being ripped on for nearly every post for no other reason than that he came from another website. That's not his problem, that's your problem, and you need to stop doing stuff like that.

I bet there has been more people banned this year, than since Clownahan was here...

This is anecdotal, but I'd say the first year I was a Mod had the most bannings, not counting the Chinese spammers we've banned this past year. We've had to cut several people loose this year, but it hasn't been an epidemic.

For all the concern you're showing here, walks, you've never once used the Report function on any post that I'm aware of - or if you have, it's been so long ago that I don't remember. I am concerned that you're not enjoying the board as much as you used to, but this kind of open griping really bothers me when I've had nothing to go on before.

You mentioned the Huskerpedia people. That's partially your own fault, walks. There have been several people who've joined from Huskerpedia who have intended to be regular, fine members of the board, but there were several people here who decided that "they" weren't going to fit in with "us," and they were hounded out of here.

HuskerThor is a great example of this, although there are others. He's a good member, a good guy, a guy I've had the pleasure of having a beer with, but there was a time when he was being ripped on for nearly every post for no other reason than that he came from another website. That's not his problem, that's your problem, and you need to stop doing stuff like that.

This is anecdotal, but I'd say the first year I was a Mod had the most bannings, not counting the Chinese spammers we've banned this past year. We've had to cut several people loose this year, but it hasn't been an epidemic.

Those aren't spammers and they aren't Chinese! Those are my broke Irish cousins trying to make a living selling quality goods a great price!

But seriously, I know there has been a lot of asshattery going on this season, but I think it's been handled fairly well. I guess it doesn't bother me as much since I'm pretty good at ignoring stupid people.

• Fire 1

fine, then I'll take care of that...

My fault? Wow, thanks. In the words of Dante, "what do you do for an encore, anally rape my mother while pouring sugar in my gas tank?" So, they're board craps out due to legal reasons and thats my fault. I used to think you were an all right guy, but what happened?

Knapp, next time I'll save HuskerPedia in the nick of time...

Apparently your selective reading is up a notch...

The majority of those logging on is to either troll at inappropriate times, or pull a "FLU".

I like Thor, think he's a decent dude, and I'm interested to see what he's got to say, but folks like Duke Silver, really? How many people are hanging on that dudes every word. And before anyone says anything, if anyone's hanging on what I've got to say, you need religion, or something, ASAP.

It may be anecdotal, but it still fits the situation...

There are just some posters that you can't report. The report function works for one post that contains an attack, but you can't just report all 8000 posts of derp that don't contain offensive material but make the board worse. You've gotta start giving out 1 or 2 day bans for sucktitude or trolling or general bad posting or else the losers will never learn.

• Fire 1

There are just some posters that you can't report. The report function works for one post that contains an attack, but you can't just report all 8000 posts of derp that don't contain offensive material but make the board worse. You've gotta start giving out 1 or 2 day bans for sucktitude or trolling or general bad posting or else the losers will never learn.

can't +1 that enough