*** Official Georgia Game Discussion Thread ***

First Quarter Impressions:

• If the defense can tackle and make some one-on-one plays in the secondary Nebraska will have a chance in this game. The coverage calls that Bo is making have our guys mostly in the right position...they just have to make the play.
  • Nebraska needs to continue to run the ball. And going into next year Nebraska must be more physical running the ball. We don't necessarily need to go back to the option like under Osborne, but one of the main staples of Osborne's offense is that when we did run it was a physical beating.
  • Some of the new wrinkles Tim Beck has sprinkled into the offense have been well conceived. The "shovel pass screen" to Burkhead was a great call.
  • It's nice to see the Diamond formation back.

What I would like to see in the 2nd quarter:

• Continue to run the ball...eventually Burkhead, Martinez, or Abdullah will break one.
  • Special teams needs to clean up it's blocking.
  • Georgia is biting hard on the zone-read. Save those play-action passing plays for the 2nd half.
  • Stick with the game plan. Even though we are down 16-14...we are right in this game.

Ben Cotton player of the game

Still feel that way? :)

Too bad he did that though--completely nullified his awesome catch and run.

:facepalm:

There are multiple Cottons on the team

Yes, and I already admitted I only heard the name Cotton off-screen before I came back to post.