*** Official Georgia Game Discussion Thread ***

Great first half.

That being said......is it a bit strange to anyone else that NU is getting kudos for 'competing' in this game.

I mean....when did we become the Little Engine That Could?

Well when you're playing the SEC, you're just supposed to roll over because you don't have much of a chance. Just listen to the commentators in the Northwestern game.

Yeah the SEC may be the best conference but the praise has become over-the-top.... Like that dbag from MissSt talking about SEC speed and Northwestern's tailback. SEC players starting to buy their own hype and believe they have like a 10 second 40 yard time advantage over everyone else...

How do we know? The top two teams didn't play a bowl game against a different conference last year.

Good lord....i should have guessed i would come on here and people would be complaining about our offense.

Totally pathetic.

We are discussing issues we see with the offense. Come on everyone. Let's put on our happy faces and pretend we are perfect. Half the fun of football is analyzing the plays and playcalling. I guess that makes me totally pathetic.

First Half Drives:

3 plays, 2 yards, Punt - Enunwa drops a pass that hit him in the numbers that would have been a first down

7 plays, 75 yads, TD - Nearly 11 yards per play is pretty good

7 plays, 57 yards, Missed FG - Drive derailed by late hit by J. Cotton

7 plays, 24 yards, INT - Martinez got greedy

5 plays, 46 yards, FG

6 plays, 76 yards, TD - Nearly 13 yards per play on 4 runs and two passes

3 plays, -8 yards, Punt - Intentional grounding lost the yards

I would say it's maybe "Beck's fault" that one of those drives ended without a scoring chance. How picky can you be?

• Fire 1
Good lord....i should have guessed i would come on here and people would be complaining about our offense.

Totally pathetic.

Thinking its all on Beck...other than a couple questionable throws by Taylor, hasn't been too much complaining on the offense.

Lookin Good Big Red!!! Fighting hard! Keep it up! Taylor! Relax man, it's there, just slow down let it be. I love the shuffle pass, it really counter acts Georgia's upfield rush well. The WR's are open we just got to protect Taylor a bit better. The defensive breakdowns haven't been anything more than missed tackles or misreads. we clean that up I think we can win this. Relax Taylor! Make it happen.

I also think some of the D breakdowns are from being aggressive to make up for lack of size at DT

Totally pathetic.

We are discussing issues we see with the offense. Come on everyone. Let's put on our happy faces and pretend we are perfect. Half the fun of football is analyzing the plays and playcalling. I guess that makes me totally pathetic.

You should be all sunshine and ponies man. WTF

Other than one bone-headed series of playcalls in the redzone, Beck's been calling a good game so far. Would like to see more running game to eat clock and give the defense a break, but otherwise not too bad.

Next year, if we can curb our penchant for turnovers, our offense will be the best in the B1G, and perhaps the best in the nation this side of Oregon.

Now, if we could just get our special teams to be 'special' again and figure out how we'll field a competent DL next season...

Oh god there you go complaining about the offense. Damn we've got 24 points what more do you want? 25? Geez you complainers...

Great first half.

That being said......is it a bit strange to anyone else that NU is getting kudos for 'competing' in this game.

Well when you're playing the SEC, you're just supposed to roll over because you don't have much of a chance. Just listen to the commentators in the Northwestern game.

Yeah the SEC may be the best conference but the praise has become over-the-top.... Like that dbag from MissSt talking about SEC speed and Northwestern's tailback. SEC players starting to buy their own hype and believe they have like a 10 second 40 yard time advantage over everyone else...

How do we know? The top two teams didn't play a bowl game against a different conference last year.

I think how the Huskers played in the CCG, everyone assumed the Bulldogs were going to trounce the Huskers....hope we play well in the second half!

Great first half.

When we joined the Big10 and started to have to play elite SEC teams in bowl games.

Before NU joined the BIG we played the best team in CFB for the national championship every year. Well, maybe not before the BIG, but before Billy C

So far I'm happy with what I'm seeing on the field...............for the most part. Didn't much care for that Taylor INT, but it happens with him from time to time. I'm very proud of this team for coming out and continuing to fight even after getting drummed by Wisconsin. This team has heart and they want this win really bad and it shows. Playing pretty sound football for the most part minus a few blown plays here and there. I know some of you negative folks will come out and say something else about what you're seeing and I don't care.............I disagree with you and have my opinion.

Great first half.

It is true. The SEC is a bit incestuous (not in that way.....wait...probably that way too ;))......they play eachother and the predisposed notions about the conference adds weight to the games. Same complaint I used to have about the Big 10, actually. That being said, hype aside, SEC has the best football players, and anyone arguing otherwise isn't watching these games objectively