What they need to do for next year.

The problem is the ones the guy completed were all 80 yard TD bombs.

That was his forte and they knew that going in. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have the safties playing deeper to guard against that. But then I don't know how Bo's scheme works.

Maybe it's just they don't have fast enough players. Hopefully Rose, Charles Jackson, Alexander and McWilson can help in that department. I am beginning to like the idea of shifting Alonzo Moore to safety as well, especially since we have Walker and Gladney coming in. Of course Moore is more of a slot guy I think which the other 2 are more outside guys.

For me, I want to see our rushing game be in the top 10 in the country. We are in the top 10 this year. For the passing game I want to see it in the top 50 in the country. Right now we are ranked in the lower end. If we can get a stronger passing game going we will get more interest from recruits. For points scored, I would love to see a top 20 to top 15 ranking. Right now we are in the low 20 rankings.

I'd be in favor of an open competition for QB1. Taylor is super productive, you can't take that away from him. But it's hard to imagine getting over the hump with a trigger man who is a turnover machine. Not that I think an open competition is going to happen. It won't.

I wouldnt be surprised one bit to see Armstrong give him a run at it. If anything Taylor will be that much better. From what I hear, Tommy is flat out jaw dropping, so much more balanced, and not nearly as raw a passer as Taylor was at that stage in his career. Tommy has to go after it though, not just sit back and wait for 2014 to coast into the starting job. He has to get after it now, like he wants to earn the job for 2013. That compeitiion will make both guys better. Tommy also has to have the maturity to understand if he does lose the battle to buck up, and not go running off to tranfer like some others have done lately.

I'd be in favor of an open competition for QB1. Taylor is super productive, you can't take that away from him. But it's hard to imagine getting over the hump with a trigger man who is a turnover machine. Not that I think an open competition is going to happen. It won't.

I wouldnt be surprised one bit to see Armstrong give him a run at it. If anything Taylor will be that much better. From what I hear, Tommy is flat out jaw dropping, so much more balanced, and not nearly as raw a passer as Taylor was at that stage in his career. Tommy has to go after it though, not just sit back and wait for 2014 to coast into the starting job. He has to get after it now, like he wants to earn the job for 2013. That compeitiion will make both guys better. Tommy also has to have the maturity to understand if he does lose the battle to buck up, and not go running off to tranfer like some others have done lately.

Thing is, I think Martinez will improve on his mechanics and decision-making again this offseason, and that will probably lead to fewer turnovers. And I think you're going to hear more stories about him stepping up as a leader during winter conditioning and spring drills. I think everybody can see how hungry he is out on the field, and I think that has to translate into the locker room and onto the practice field one way or another. It will be his team next year.

That said, Armstrong needs to compete and be completely ready, because I don't know if we'll be lucky enough to have another full season without Taylor getting injured.

A punishment system. The coaches have said they bring up the stupid mistakes all the time in practice. You can only talk so much so let them pay. Every fumble, penalty, and dropped pass (including int's) is one, nah heck make if five down and backs over the entire field in full gear. Not just the guilty players either, the whole damn team all 120 of them. Oh and not Monday before or after practice right after the media and everybody clears the field.

A punishment system. The coaches have said they bring up the stupid mistakes all the time in practice. You can only talk so much so let them pay. Every fumble, penalty, and dropped pass (including int's) is one, nah heck make if five down and backs over the entire field in full gear. Not just the guilty players either, the whole damn team all 120 of them. Oh and not Monday before or after practice right after the media and everybody clears the field.

Bo needs to break his foot off in their John Brown hindparts and then make them run a mile

Bo needs to break his foot off in their John Brown hindparts and then make them run a mile

:thumbs I like the way you think sir. Tell Tim Beck to run six plays, splits veers, just like novocaine give it time, it'll work.

In a word defense. From the scheme to the talent to the DC. Folks talk about Bo calling the D and being the DC. If that is the case then free up Paps spot.

I liken our issue to that of Jason Garret with the Cowboys. Head coach and OC. There is talk he might be let go. He is stubborn and refuses to get an OC so he can concentrate on the "bigger" issues. Talk now of possibly have Jerry Jones bring in Norv Turner to be the OC. Let Jason know, this way or the highway. Bo might be at this cross roads now. You are kidding your self to think our D has made significant strides. Look out our losses this year. Look at the points scored and the yardage obtained. Embarrassing. IMO if Bo gets to stay, fine, but we need to bring in a quality DC who can fix this.

We also need to fix the little things I learned in 2nd grade when I started playing football. Things like holding onto the ball. Tackling. Listening in the huddle to the snap count. Blocking. Not getting boneheaded drive killing penalties.....................

If I had to describe teams under Bo, I would have to use words like undisciplined. Lost. Mistake prone etc..... These descriptions have been the hallmark since he has been here.

I think you have a similar line of thinking I do, especially with your first couple sentences. If Pelini really is the head of the defense, what is JP's role and how does he contribute to the team's goals? His coaching experience is a joke. Is he defensive coordinator worthy? Sure, maybe at a lower tier division one school. Not at a place like Nebraska.

Pelini is hindered by a few staff issues (they haven't been together long, some are under-qualified (JP), and some are weak links (Cotton)). Our secondary looked like a straight up joke Tuesday. Granted, Murray is a phenomenal quarterback, and Georgia has good playmakers, but we were RIGHT on top of those plays and couldn't make them. We just had boneheaded mistakes that were relevant all year long.

And the fundamentals/discipline continue to be a major issue. Turnovers were an issue all season, tackling was non-existent when it mattered most, and the list goes on. I think Pelini can be a successful coach but I think he has to realize that his staff is simply not built to let him succeed.