What they need to do for next year.

Our defense is garbage all the way around. I'm not being a pessimist, just calling it how it is. I hope we find some answers on D next year, because I can't stand watching that pathetic crap.

Why do you think so? They have a really good offense, and we forced them into repeated 3rd and longs. They didn't finish the job, but that doesn't scream "garbage all the way around" to me. That screams close, but lacking something essential. Hell, if the game would have been over after the first half, Murray was going in the Bo Pelini Quarterback Graveyard. That's not garbage all the way around defense.

Agree with this. Imagine if Bo had all those athletes that Georgia has. Did you see that list they put up. Most likely 3 first round draft picks and another high second. I highly doubt we have a defensive player drafted, very late if at all. Its a talent problem among our juniors and seniors. That will be changing soon, the best thing we will can have happen to our defense all year is to finally have them play their last game, no choice but to play the younger talent now.

Our defense is garbage all the way around. I'm not being a pessimist, just calling it how it is. I hope we find some answers on D next year, because I can't stand watching that pathetic crap.

Why do you think so? They have a really good offense, and we forced them into repeated 3rd and longs. They didn't finish the job, but that doesn't scream "garbage all the way around" to me. That screams close, but lacking something essential. Hell, if the game would have been over after the first half, Murray was going in the Bo Pelini Quarterback Graveyard. That's not garbage all the way around defense.

They came up with stops every once in a while, but part of that was poor play calling by their OC IMO.

Our secondary was supposed to be the strength of the defense, and our DBs all got schooled. Ciante got schooled today like it was 2011 again. He was solid all year and just got owned today.

If anything, this game confirmed my thoughts on the defense. And that thought is that we don't have much athleticism at all aside from Eric Martin. I hope Rose, Rose, Afalava, Anderson, Jackson, Jackson, Cooper, Brown, Valentine, Curry, Moss, and McMullen all take large roles on our D next year because Lord knows we need better athletes on the field. I also hope we switch Moore over to CB or Safety ASAP.

There is just nothing to like about our defense. If every single returning starter gets beat out for the starting spot next year, I will be pretty pleased.

1. The fundamentals. Nothing else comes close, IMO. Fumbles, lineman jumping, personal fouls, pass interference, unbelievably poor tackling, muffed punts.

2. Our defensive personnel problems are well documented already... more beef in the middle and more speed on the outside. Recruiting - make it happen.

3. Special teams is a huge problem nobody seems to be talking about. This might have been of the worst Nebraska special teams units of all time. Maher was okay, but regressed. The return units were terrible. We must have set a record for muffed punts this year... and as a result, we stopped fielding them altogether or fair catching and giving up tons of field position.

4. Find a right tackle with a clue.

5. Priority #1 for Taylor Martinez - making sound decisions with the football.

Disagree. Do we have problems? Yes, but to make a blanket statement like this is just irresponsible.

UCLA - over 600 yards

Ohio State - 63 points

Wisconsin - 70 points and a butt-load of rushing yards

Georgia - 45 points and a Capitol One Bowl record 589 yards of offense

Looks pretty pathetic to me. I'm really not a debbie downer, and I'm not demanding anyone's head, I just can't stand watching that crap.

Good performance by the team today though. They showed a lot of heart with the way they played. It's too bad that gets tarnished by our defense.

There is just nothing to like about our defense. If every single returning starter gets beat out for the starting spot next year, I will be pretty pleased.

Nothing? Nothing at all? Aaron Murray going 10/24 (41%) with 2 INT in the first half isn't to like?

eh...

I saw him chuck a lot of balls at his receivers' feet.

Most of mine are for the defense.

1) Improve the speed/athleticism of the RE's.

2) Stonger DT's, depth.

3) Back 7 need to tackle better

4) Faster DB's

5) Take care of the ball offensively.

Don't know who, but we need some staff changes... cough * cotton * cough...

Also maybe some glasses for TMART

Double sided tape for Receivers

Set of balls for EVERY defender

Maybe find out who operated on Adrian Peterson and have him "fix" our speed issues... LOL

I agree. The D coordinator needs to be fired. As DL coach the DL was bad, and this D stinks. NU has the cash, a top DC should be hired.

Bo Pelini is our defensive coordinator, I can assure you he is the one making all decisions and play calls on the defensive side of the ball, JP just has the title of defensive coordinator.

BO KNOWS!!! :rolleyes::LOLtartar

Nothing? Nothing at all? Aaron Murray going 10/24 (41%) with 2 INT in the first half isn't to like?

eh...

I saw him chuck a lot of balls at his receivers' feet.

And? This is what has happened with every quarterback we've harassed all year. It's not as if all of our impressive days in limiting quarterbacks were due to every single pass play being perfect throws that were defended and deflected.

You're really reaching to try and make sure you find nothing positive.

Disagree. Do we have problems? Yes, but to make a blanket statement like this is just irresponsible.

Really??? Over 400 yards passing today by a nobody QB and there's no problem? . :koolaid2:

New Offensive Line coach. The raw talent at skill positions has made up for this under achieving bunch. The offensive line was outclassed today.

Don't agree with this at all. Our offensive line was opening up big running lanes against an elite SEC championship level front seven. Our pass protection was poor, very poor, but our run blocking was good, and the skill positions haven't made up for this underachieving bunch - these walk-ons have overachieved no matter what angle you look at it. All season long our offensive line has worn down a lot of teams. Get some more talent and depth there, and we will be just fine.

So all of T-Mart, Abdullah, Rex's success is because of our O line and not their own raw talent to find/make plays? Dozens of plays involved Rex getting gang tackled by UGA players while most of our line was standing around watching. I wouldn't exactly call that overachieving.

We're parading around Cotton's sons, a kid who never knew what football was until he got to the States, and some small town Neb guys. Sure, they're overachieving because they've become starters, but they've done so because we have so little depth and talent. This has been an issue for a while now. Something needs to be done.

Really??? Over 400 yards passing today by a nobody QB and there's no problem? . :koolaid2:

To be fair, Murray isn't exactly a "nobody QB"

New Offensive Line coach. The raw talent at skill positions has made up for this under achieving bunch. The offensive line was outclassed today.

Don't agree with this at all. Our offensive line was opening up big running lanes against an elite SEC championship level front seven. Our pass protection was poor, very poor, but our run blocking was good, and the skill positions haven't made up for this underachieving bunch - these walk-ons have overachieved no matter what angle you look at it. All season long our offensive line has worn down a lot of teams. Get some more talent and depth there, and we will be just fine.

So all of T-Mart, Abdullah, Rex's success is because of our O line and not their own raw talent to find/make plays? Dozens of plays involved Rex getting gang tackled by UGA players while most of our line was standing around watching. I wouldn't exactly call that overachieving.

We're parading around Cotton's sons, a kid who never knew what football was until he got to the States, and some small town Neb guys. Sure, they're overachieving because they've become starters, but they've done so because we have so little depth and talent. This has been an issue for a while now. Something needs to be done.

Are you trying to say that talented players in the backfield make plays to gain yardage? Hmm....I guess I can't disagree with that. I also don't think I said anything contrary to that.

Last time I checked, it's a team sport with 11 players on each side. Congratulations to Taylor, Rex and Co. for being good football players that make athletic moves. Since you're arguing hyperbole, I can try too. Let's trot out the diamond formation, except without the offensive line. I'd like to see how many moves our boys make to gain yardage.