SIGNED DT Kevin Maurice

Amac3309

The fact that we are offering this late doesn't bother me. The fact that he is only a 2 star doesn't bother me. The fact that his best offer after us is Boston College is what bothers me. Maliek Collins plays at a lower level in Missouri, it is easier to fall through the cracks there. But how often do players fall through the cracks in Orlando, Florida?

look at the article i posted, hardly falling thru the cracks. The SEC pick up all the man childs that are 6 3 300 and ready to play almost immediately.

Scroll down the the bottom of the article i posted. Its says:

On the fringe of NCAA Division I-A offers

and

Others to watch

If we were offering these kids i would be willing to call them a reach, even then i would trust the coaching staff, as they are right on talent more times then not.

We each have our opinions I guess. I just don't get a good vibe with him. We have to be missing something. He plays at a high level and he has an impressive highlight film, yet no (good) schools believe he has what it takes and the recruiting services agree with them. While I do trust our coaching staff (most of the time), I trust other coaching staffs as well. Why is everyone over looking him?

Plus, do we really want a guy on our team with the name "Big Mac" on our team? We already have Jay Guy....

HuskerFowler, some people just don't understand the recruiting process. Very few schools get every single player they want. They don't realize plan A+B has more than 1 or 2 players. More like 4-5+ in each. You never know with high school/young teenage people.

You're fighting a losing battle, at this point. It's a shame though. I've seen you speak out a few times now that people are starting to irritate you it would seem. Just ignore HL..

Enjoy reading your stuff, though.

Off to bed HuskerFowler. I shall be more then happy to sift thru the 20-30 DT list of kids we have worked thru, all the JUCO's as well. Just couldn't do it tonight. I guess I'm wondering, since I am so ignorant, why this kid wasn't on the top of our board?

If you will reread your post you now imply that I said this kid was option F and G. Correct me if I am wrong. ... could it be that I am just a fan who is amazed that with the need, opportunity and history of people like Suh that we have not had success at hitting a solid recruit others also like?

HF, you jumped on my comment. I really don't care to debate you. I am a fan and you took my comment a bit far. Chill, I am on your team.

Nite

The fact that we are offering this late doesn't bother me. The fact that he is only a 2 star doesn't bother me. The fact that his best offer after us is Boston College is what bothers me. Maliek Collins plays at a lower level in Missouri, it is easier to fall through the cracks there. But how often do players fall through the cracks in Orlando, Florida?

look at the article i posted, hardly falling thru the cracks. The SEC pick up all the man childs that are 6 3 300 and ready to play almost immediately.

Scroll down the the bottom of the article i posted. Its says:

On the fringe of NCAA Division I-A offers

and

Others to watch

If we were offering these kids i would be willing to call them a reach, even then i would trust the coaching staff, as they are right on talent more times then not.

We each have our opinions I guess. I just don't get a good vibe with him. We have to be missing something. He plays at a high level and he has an impressive highlight film, yet no (good) schools believe he has what it takes and the recruiting services agree with them. While I do trust our coaching staff (most of the time), I trust other coaching staffs as well. Why is everyone over looking him?

Plus, do we really want a guy on our team with the name "Big Mac" on our team? We already have Jay Guy....

LOL

Valid points. I guess it says something to me when other schools like Florida or Texas or Alabama are interested but not enough for an offer. Shows the kid has potential. Dontravious Poe went #5 in the draft last year and he played at Memphis, was from Memphis and didnt have any other SEC offers. It happens all the time especially with lineman. Big schools in the south dont have to take as many chances, we do. They can get the Eddie Vanderdoes' or (the sure things)

I noticed last night Sheriff Floyd and Jonathan Bullard were starting for Florida, 2 kids we went after fairly hard. They can pull those kids that need little time or effort to develop in this win now society we live in. We dont always have that luxury with our one instate recruit a year (if we are lucky) We have to take kids with potential and develop them and project where they will be 2 or 3 years down the line.

HuskerFowler, some people just don't understand the recruiting process. Very few schools get every single player they want. They don't realize plan A+B has more than 1 or 2 players. More like 4-5+ in each. You never know with high school/young teenage people.

You're fighting a losing battle, at this point. It's a shame though. I've seen you speak out a few times now that people are starting to irritate you it would seem. Just ignore HL..

thanks man, sometimes its irrating when people act like we are missing 5 star recruits from Omaha, never seem to understand why some think its so easy to steal a great talent right out from Florida or USCs back yard, then when they chose to stay home and be close to their family and friends we "whiffed".... Its laughable.

Then we steal the #2 and the #1 QB and RB recruits from Cali and you rarely see anyone give the coaches any credit (especially the ones that critize the coaches the most)

DT recruiting sure has been frustrating, im not going to argue that, but when you look at where all these kids are located it makes a little more sense why they all chose to stay close to home.

thanks man, sometimes its irrating when people act like we are missing 5 star recruits from Omaha, never seem to understand why some think its so easy to steal a great talent right out from Florida or USCs back yard, then when they chose to stay home and be close to their family and friends we "whiffed".... Its laughable.

Then we steal the #2 and the #1 QB and RB recruits from Cali and you rarely see anyone give the coaches any credit (especially the ones that critize the coaches the most)

DT recruiting sure has been frustrating, im not going to argue that, but when you look at where all these kids are located it makes a little more sense why they all chose to stay close to home.

Maybe we just need to start feeding our kids in Nebraska more :lol:

Maybe we just need to start feeding our kids in Nebraska more :lol:

or how about come to Hawaii... EVERY TOP kid leaves this state as UH is a joke........ just a suggestion!! i know we have tried in the past and have continued to do so......If Mati can go to ND it doesnt mean every kid out of this state is gonna go PAC-12!!! Plus id like to stalk Nebraska position coaches as much as possible

Is this considered plan C? I expected us to take a few reaches due to us not having enough high end left on our board. Looks like it may have begun.
I can't wait until we hire you as the RC since you have such a great idea of how to build a successful team and are able to evaluate talent so well based on a recruiting site or two.

Your act is old.

Like this kid's film. Is he a five star kid? No. But for some reason, I'll bet you if he were a 3 star kid amd people watched his film. They would be impressed. The fact that someone above said he's Badet's teammate tells me the staff has probably known about him for awhile.

Off to bed HuskerFowler. I shall be more then happy to sift thru the 20-30 DT list of kids we have worked thru, all the JUCO's as well. Just couldn't do it tonight. I guess I'm wondering, since I am so ignorant, why this kid wasn't on the top of our board?

If you will reread your post you now imply that I said this kid was option F and G. Correct me if I am wrong. ... could it be that I am just a fan who is amazed that with the need, opportunity and history of people like Suh that we have not had success at hitting a solid recruit others also like?

HF, you jumped on my comment. I really don't care to debate you. I am a fan and you took my comment a bit far. Chill, I am on your team.

Nite

History of people like Suh? There is NO history of that. We have had one Suh and only one.

You can never tell about a kid like this. Hope he is that diamond in the rough. I will leave it to Bo to analyze his skill set and his ability to help this team.

People that want to be negative about the recruits we go after, no matter what dumbass star is attached to them, really need to just move on or just keep quiet.

Is this considered plan C? I expected us to take a few reaches due to us not having enough high end left on our board. Looks like it may have begun.
I can't wait until we hire you as the RC since you have such a great idea of how to build a successful team and are able to evaluate talent so well based on a recruiting site or two.

Your act is old.

Like this kid's film. Is he a five star kid? No. But for some reason, I'll bet you if he were a 3 star kid amd people watched his film. They would be impressed. The fact that someone above said he's Badet's teammate tells me the staff has probably known about him for awhile.

He gave an interview and had said that the coaches have been talking to him for awhile now. They asked him to send them his senior film when his season gets done so they can further evaluate him. He said Bo called him and offered him and said that they are taking 2 more DTs and would like him to be one of them.

I like this guys video. He has a great first step, but like all H.S. athletes he needs to work on consistency. He plays with good pad level and has a good motor. I believe the ceiling is high for this kid, and will could likely be a better player down the road than some of the JUCOs we are recruiting. However, the type of player he becomes is due to the type of work he puts in.