What do you think?

This is a completely just get the thoughts a flowing as I am a staunch T-Mart follower since he was jsut a 3* recruit. But what would you guys think of him playing at WR or scatback this year either in packages or full time? I just say this because as much as I'd love it, he would never have a shot in the pros at the position. (bigger suprises have happened though) And he has Devin Hester type speed so slot reciever could be a spot if he has the hands and the drive to go pro... Thoughts?

Eh....I say let him keep playing at QB. The young man has worked his tail off to get better and he is reaping the benefits. However, if he continues to turn the ball over, give Armstrong a chance to see what he can do as well. Martinez has already improved from 2011 to 2012.....if he continues to keep working, I don't see how he can't improve in 2013.

No. He's the perfect qb in our system. I guarantee you if Armstrong started over Taylor next year we would not win as many games. Armstrong is good but Taylor is a leader and is improving every single game. I'm super excited to see him after another year with Calhoun. He's back to full speed, made it through a year injury free surprisingly, and dramatically improved in passing. What he needs to work on is throwing the ball out of bounds when there is too much pressure, and not forcing plays on the run. Taylor will be in heisman talk next

I don't think you do it as a "regular" package by any means but a "wrinkle" is always good.

And like someone said, a good way to get Armstrong/Stanton on the field. Treat it like a "wildcat" formation if Armstrong is as strong and shifty as people say he is.

I hate the "Belldozer" package, but maybe something we could throw at a few teams in different scenarios to have the "game film" out there...

I saw an attitude and-dont know if youd call it swagger or what-, from Taylor in the bowl game that we just didnt see much of if any prevoiusly in his career. I have a hunch he's gonna further improve on some things this offseason. He seems ready to take the next step. Next year could be really special. Imagine if he cleans up the turnovers.

I agree 007. Now do you think he has a shot at the pros at QB?

I don't think there's any way he plays QB in the pros (or any position) but since when do we worry about that at Nebraska?

Our staff's goal should be to put guys in the right spots with the best chance to win games, and I have no doubt that Taylor at QB gives us the best chance to win games. If Armstrong can push for playing time, it means good things for the future of the offense.

I agree 007. Now do you think he has a shot at the pros at QB?

I don't think there's any way he plays QB in the pros (or any position) but since when do we worry about that at Nebraska?

Our staff's goal should be to put guys in the right spots with the best chance to win games, and I have no doubt that Taylor at QB gives us the best chance to win games. If Armstrong can push for playing time, it means good things for the future of the offense.

He's too great of an athlete not to get picked up. But I agree he gives us the best shot

TM needs to be our full time, starting QB next year. Like others, I see a potential for next year to see as much improvement as we saw this year. Limit the turnovers and some bad decisions and he is dynamite with a fuse that is always lit. I do like the idea of having him at a slot or other receiver position for some wrinkle package definitely. It gives him some exposure as "athlete" for any pro scouts, and it gets Tommy on the field in live game circumstances without dumping the "starting" role on to him or taking it away from Taylor. Taylor get the opportunity to look multi-talented and our future QB starter gets legit time in live games. Win - Win.

I think we need TM at quarterback. The kid is a stud athlete and, as we all have seen, has the potential to turn broken/bad plays into big gains. No way should we play him anywhere other than at QB, except, as mentioned above, as a possible "wrinkle" in the offense. Yes he makes some bad throwing decisions and puts the ball on the ground, but he gives us our best chance to win. Hopefully he can spend the offseason working again and sew up some of the turnover issues.

This is a completely just get the thoughts a flowing as I am a staunch T-Mart follower since he was jsut a 3* recruit. But what would you guys think of him playing at WR or scatback this year either in packages or full time? I just say this because as much as I'd love it, he would never have a shot in the pros at the position. (bigger suprises have happened though) And he has Devin Hester type speed so slot reciever could be a spot if he has the hands and the drive to go pro... Thoughts?

He doesn't have the "wiggle" to be a Devin Hester for one, and he is by far our best option at QB! Why do Husker fans keep wanting to find a way to get this guy off the field? The idea of moving Martinez out of the starting role is remarkably ridiculous unless Manziel is transferring into UNL tomorrow.... There is a 6 game win streak in the middle of our season that shows every reason why Martinez should/will be our starter in 2013....

Who pissed in your Cheerios rock? Nobody said we're trying to get him off the field. I want the guy to go pro no matter how it happens so the exposure at other spots can only be good for him.

Man, I hope nobody! :wasted .... That is very nice of you too worry of Taylor's future, but I would prefer he try to win us some football games here at Nebraska first.... The exposure at other spots might be good for him, but is it good for Nebraska?

Well, maybe in a package as a WR. As it's been suggested the advantages would be that it gives Armstrong a chance to get on the field and Tmart in space with his speed. He'd have to play the slot or go in motion. We have plenty of good receivers so I wouldn't use it a lot.

I don't think you gain anything putting him as a RB

Full time? No. We invested 4 years in Tmart as a QB. It wouldn't make sense to move him as a SR. Plus we have no experience there.