SIGNED DE Ernest Suttles

not a bad idea givin his size, but he loves defense and loves causing chaos. Think we will be getting a good prospect here, with some good potential. I certainly like that we are going after the long lengthy athletic DEs like Gregory, this kid and Thomas Brown. At 6'6 they will naturally gain more weight as they get older, instead of taking a guy thats already 260 out of HS and trying to mold him, take a young tall skinny kid like this and put some good wieght on him and turn him lose.

Forgot to mention he has only been playing football for two years.

Is Thomas Brown moving to DE, I thought he was a LB?

I thought I read somewhere that JP wanted DE's to be a little more lengthy and rangy, much like a basketball player.

I've been wanting this for a long time too. Get in the backfield with speed and cause chaos. I know, I know, I'm looking at the past, but when we used speed rushers like Alberts, wistrom, tomich, vanden bosch, etc I frickin LOVED it.

I thought I read somewhere that JP wanted DE's to be a little more lengthy and rangy, much like a basketball player.

I've been wanting this for a long time too. Get in the backfield with speed and cause chaos. I know, I know, I'm looking at the past, but when we used speed rushers like Alberts, wistrom, tomich, vanden bosch, etc I frickin LOVED it.

How is that looking in the past? That is what is needed to win championships.

How is that looking in the past? That is what is needed to win championships.

I know, but people get all pissy when we try to compare now to the 90s. I'm not comparing teams per se, I'm comparing styles so they shouldn't but some still do.

Easy to love when it works!!! We can't continue to give the opposing offenses so much time to develop plays.

Easy to love when it works!!! We can't continue to give the opposing offenses so much time to develop plays.

I think the best example of the long, athletic DE's is what LSU had in Mingo and Montgomery. Very athletic kids and they seemed to always be in the backfield when I watched their games.

not a bad idea givin his size, but he loves defense and loves causing chaos. Think we will be getting a good prospect here, with some good potential. I certainly like that we are going after the long lengthy athletic DEs like Gregory, this kid and Thomas Brown. At 6'6 they will naturally gain more weight as they get older, instead of taking a guy thats already 260 out of HS and trying to mold him, take a young tall skinny kid like this and put some good wieght on him and turn him lose.

No hes an OLB but sounds like he could be used as a stand up rush DE in certain situations, stand up kind of like Eric Martin was. Having Gergory and Brown as walk around DEs/ or OLBs in a 3-4 on thrid and long would be awsome to see. Bo is going to have some weapons on defense for once. Hope he uses them.

No hes an OLB but sounds like he could be used as a stand up rush DE in certain situations, stand up kind of like Eric Martin was. Having Gergory and Brown as walk around DEs/ or OLBs in a 3-4 on thrid and long would be awsome to see. Bo is going to have some weapons on defense for once. Hope he uses them.

For once? The plethora of guys on NFL rosters say hello.

For once? The plethora of guys on NFL rosters say hello.

Ya ya , its hard to remember those guys when our defense sucked so bad this year. Bo will be getting some defensive weapons AGAIN...happy?