LB - Token Walk-on #1

LB - Santos

CB - Committee

CB - Committee

SS - Token Walk-on #2

FS - H. Jackson

K - Bondi

P - Token Walk-on #3

I think Cooper was on the field playing dime. Later I saw Blatchford so Cooper might have goofed up. He can be inconsistent.

I like Charles at FS and Harvey at SS. I like speed at FS. Harvey is a bigger hitter and I think is better at SS, although I am not sure if there is a difference in Bo's scheme. I am still wondering if Mo can crack the lineup somewhere.

I wonder a bit about the way they do dime personnel. To me if you bring in extra receivers you should bring in CB type players, we tend to lean towards safety types when we go dime. To me a dime guy should be a guy like Mitchell who is quick and should be able to stick with a slot guy. Generally slot guys are smaller & quicker. If they keep the TE's on the field then I can see using a safety type or a very speedy OLB. But then I suppose you can run the slot guy towards the LOS and block a smaller guy easier on draws,jail breaks etc, so it would be better with a safety type that way.

Don't forget Gangwish at SLB

Everyone is penciling in Ankrah as a starter opposite Gregory, however play at both ends really needs to improve. Is it possible that McMullen edges him out as the starter? He has been, supposedly, tearing it up on the scout team. I know that Bo likes going with the players that "know the system", but still there really needs to be a lot of improvement at both ends of the line.

The defense will be starting a lot of potential really good players, hope the young guys are couched up well and live up to expectations.

I think Cooper has a future at linebacker. Big and physical but still has speed.

Also think that SJB has a future at safety. He has the size and speed to do work in the run and pass and if he can see the ball coming the whole time he can become a huge threat to take the ball away.

I agree. I think Cooper would be better at Will. I never understood the cooper/blatchford as dime guys. I would agree using a more safety type there like our FS and bringing in another safety to take his spot.

Also, wasnt there talk of moving Moss to DT?

I think Cooper has a future at linebacker. Big and physical but still has speed.

Also think that SJB has a future at safety. He has the size and speed to do work in the run and pass and if he can see the ball coming the whole time he can become a huge threat to take the ball away.

I think both those thoughts are intriguing.

I know it earlier folks, but considering how much youth we have coming in next year on D, I thought it would be fun to project the depth chart. I'm most interested in what people think the lineup for DT and LB will look like.

I'll start first (I understand this is more than 11 players, but I thought we should account for various formations)

Offense

QB - 1. Martinez, 2. Armstrong. Stanton RS.

RB - 1. Abdullah, 2. Heard, 3. Cross (short down back)

FB - 1. Janovich, 2. Marrow

WR - 1. Enunwa, 2. Allen (hopefully he gets healthy)

WR - 1. Bell, 2. Westerkamp or T. Evans

WR - 1. Turner, 2. Wullenwaber, 3. A. Moore

LT - 1. Sirles, Moudy/A-Rod

LG - 1. S. Long, 2. Reeves?

C - 1. Pensick, 2. Mark Pelini?

RG - 1. A-Rod (move him back to G), 2. Jake Cotton?

RT - 1. JUCO hopefully, 2. Qvale

TE - JUCO?

TE - J. Long

Defense

DE - 1. Ankrah, 2. McMullen

DE - 1. Gregory, 2. Moss

DT - 1. Rome, 2. K. Williams

DT - 1. Valentine, 2. Curry

SLB - 1. T. Brown (used heavily on pass rushes), 2. Afalava/M. Newby

MLB - 1. Santos, 2. M. Rose

WLB - 1. Z. Anderson, 2. Santos

Nickel - 1. C. Evans, C. Jackson

Dime - 1. Cooper, 2. Seisay

CB - 1. A. Green/Evans (when not at NB), 2. Jean-Baptiste

CB - 1. J. Rose/A. Green, 2. Mitchell/Siesay

SS - 1. C. Jackson, 2. Cooper

FS - 1. H. Jackson, 2. Cooper

Special Teams

K - 1. Bondi, 2. some walk-on?

P - 1. Bondi, 2. some walk-on?

KR - 1. Bell, 2. Turner

PR - 1. Turner, 2. Bell, 3. A. Moore?

I agree with most of that. What ever happened to Brion Carnes at QB. I think this offseason once the staff has a chance to evaluate ARod film throughout the season I don't see him at a starter even at guard. I think we will pick up another receiver, a DT, and maybe a DE that will be added to the depth chart. Some people are really worried about the D next year but we got a ton of talent coming in.

He moved to WR a long time ago...

Someone else help me out but wasn't there talk of him on defense too?

Wouldn't be a surprise. He is one of the best athletes on the team.

Any credibility you had left on the board was just lost. The guy is a headcase.

Offense

QB - 1. Armstrong 2. Martinez RK3 Stanton

RB - 1. Heard 2. Abdullah 3. Cross 4. Taylor 5. Newby

FB - 1. Janovich, 2. Marrow

WR - 1. Enunwa, 2. Dom Walker

WR - 1. Bell, 2. Westerkamp or T. Evans

WR - 1. Turner, 2. ZO 3. Wullen

LT - 1. Don't care. Going to run all over teams anyway. Struggle in pass protection against faster defenses. Inevitable injuries/moving of positions as well.

LG - 1. Don't care. Going to run all over teams anyway. Struggle in pass protection against faster defenses. Inevitable injuries/moving of positions as well.

C - 1. Don't care. Going to run all over teams anyway. Struggle in pass protection against faster defenses. Inevitable injuries/moving of positions as well.

RG - 1. Don't care. Going to run all over teams anyway. Struggle in pass protection against faster defenses. Inevitable injuries/moving of positions as well.

RT - 1. Don't care. Going to run all over teams anyway. Struggle in pass protection against faster defenses. Inevitable injuries/moving of positions as well.

TE - Sam Cotton / vandenburg / hart / long

TE - See above.

Defense

DE - 1. McMullen, 2Ankrah

DE - 1. Gregory, 2. Moss

DT - 1. Curry 2. K. Williams 3. Thad

DT - 1. Valentine, 2. Rome

SLB - 1. T. Brown , 2. Afalava/M. Newby

MLB - 1. Santos, 2. M. Rose 3. Love

WLB - 1. Z. Anderson, 2. Santos

Nickel - 1. C. Evans, C. Jackson

Dime - 1. Cooper, Davie

CB - 1. Seisay 2. Jean-Baptiste

CB - 1. J. Rose, 2. A. Green, JMitchell

SS - 1. C. Jackson, 2. Leroy Alexander

FS - 1. Marcus McWilson, 2. DJ Singleton

Special Teams

K - 1. Bondi

P - 1. Bondi

KR - 1. Alonzo 2. Turner

PR - 1. Turner, 2. Moore 3. Bell

I think Cooper was on the field playing dime. Later I saw Blatchford so Cooper might have goofed up. He can be inconsistent.

I like Charles at FS and Harvey at SS. I like speed at FS. Harvey is a bigger hitter and I think is better at SS, although I am not sure if there is a difference in Bo's scheme. I am still wondering if Mo can crack the lineup somewhere.

I wonder a bit about the way they do dime personnel. To me if you bring in extra receivers you should bring in CB type players, we tend to lean towards safety types when we go dime. To me a dime guy should be a guy like Mitchell who is quick and should be able to stick with a slot guy. Generally slot guys are smaller & quicker. If they keep the TE's on the field then I can see using a safety type or a very speedy OLB. But then I suppose you can run the slot guy towards the LOS and block a smaller guy easier on draws,jail breaks etc, so it would be better with a safety type that way.

Don't forget Gangwish at SLB

Gangwish moved to DE and has practiced with the 3 deep. They're putting weight on him now and he will be a factor next year. I know in practice our O-Line struggles to block him pretty severely. He's a hybrid type with an attitude.