(2013) F Kevin Thomas [Palm Beach State - Signed LOI]

Here is that rest of the twitter conversation. Washut makes it sound like it was more of Nebraska's decision to stop pursuing him. Regardless, sounds like it's a wrap for Thomas here.

Tyler Rabe@tylerrabe
    @RobinWashut is he no longer interested or did something come up?
    Details

14 Feb 4b332794e65251d32d5bca5157dbe3ac_normal.jpegRobin Washut@RobinWashut
    @MikePalmer_ Atewe is priority No. 1. His decision will play a big role in what they do with the other spot. Could be another juco also.
    Details

@tylerrabe I think he just doesn't really fit what they need right now (i.e. size)
    Details

14 Feb b2ff47bfba9602684fa9c3b2ebce0068_normal.jpegTyler Rabe@tylerrabe
    @RobinWashut they need some big guys don't they?? Or since he is a forward they feel they are good at that position?
    Details

7:53 AM - 14 Feb 13 · Details

@tylerrabe His body type fits more of a David Rivers mold, albeit much more talented. They need more strength and physicality though.
    Details

14 Feb IMG-20120502-00215_normal.jpgnubball2@nubball2
    @RobinWashut That isn't good...we out then for him?
    Details

@nubball2 more than likely, yes.
    Details

14 Feb Husker_Glass_Logo_normal.jpgRandom Husker Fan@RandomHuskerFan
    @RobinWashut @nubball2 I believe NU dropped Thomas, not the other way around.

I can understand this. It makes sense. Pitchford can be our starting center but he would make a better starting PF. Have Atewe start at Center and bring in another big juco body to compete at center. That would give us pretty solid 2 deep with lots of great competition at the wings.

C Atewe, Juco, Serge

PF Pitchford, Rivers or Petteway

Wing Petteway or Shields or Fuller

Wing Gallegos, Petteway or Hawkins

PG Biggs, Webster, Parker

Maybe there is a good chance of getting Russell in 2014, which give us a 3-4 yr. player or maybe grades are a issue?

we will not be getting a 5 star kid anytime soon if ever.

I wouldn't say that. It may not happen in the next few years, but if the coaches can keep improving the players the way they have been these players will see an opportunity to be the "Man". This is how K-State became relevant I believe?

• 2 weeks later...

Tai Webster is considered one of the top 30 players around in this class. Heck we had Robert Sallie signed and delivered and he was a 5 star way back when. Our admissions dept ruined that for us.

I would bet Miles brings in a 5 star in the next 5 years no questions asked. We will also win our first tourney game in that time.

Maybe there is a good chance of getting Russell in 2014, which give us a 3-4 yr. player or maybe grades are a issue?

we will not be getting a 5 star kid anytime soon if ever.

I wouldn't say that. It may not happen in the next few years, but if the coaches can keep improving the players the way they have been these players will see an opportunity to be the "Man". This is how K-State became relevant I believe?

Huggins used his time between jobs to gain some advantages with some kids. He also hired the AAU coach of a certain player. IMO that's how KSU turned it around so quickly. IMO They cheated or work the shady areas if that's how you want to call it.

http://www.sportsbyb...s-huggins-29891