Jordan Turner

Rated a 2 star out of high school by Rivals. After watching his film, I would really like him to be offered, assuming Bradley doesn't announce N today.

He's a big guy that keeps a low pad level, he's violent with his hands, and holds up blocks well and then sheds them so he can make the tackle. I like what I see.

Theres usually a reason we arent on a certain recruit, not saying this is the reason for him, i have no idea, im just speaking generally about bench here. If 250 is true its pretty pathetic. Bench is a good measure of upper body strength, being able to keep blockers off your body to shed blocks, or push the blocker back (along with lower body of course) Guys who are strong should be able to double their weight in bench, obviously the more you weigh the harder that is to accomplish, if you weight 300 its darn near impossible. Just saying weighing 300 if you cant do around 4 then your very weak, 250 is a very alarming number, basically means you can barely do a few pushups at that weight, as you cant even lift how much you weight.

But im sure thats an old number for him

Oh, I think weight max's can be kinda misleading.

For example take a short armed guy and compare him to a long armed guy on the bench. Long armed guys have a much tougher time, but when it comes to blocking/defending, long arms are big bonus.

Yup. Didn't Andre smith put up a pretty pathetic number of bench reps at the combine? Right after he dominated the nation for Alabama. Bench is an indication of strength but it isn't everything.

Oh, I think weight max's can be kinda misleading.

For example take a short armed guy and compare him to a long armed guy on the bench. Long armed guys have a much tougher time, but when it comes to blocking/defending, long arms are big bonus.

ya they can be misleading alright, but when a 280 pound kid cant bench his own weight, there is nothing misleading about that.

Disclaimer...generally speaking...i have no clue, nor do i really care what this kid benches, just generally stating facts. As i said above they are probably HS numbers and he might not have even lifted in HS. I remember the coaches saying they are surprised at the number of kids that come in that have never really lifted weights.