RB Austin Rose [Nebraska Preferred Walk-On]

jmfb

Relax C N Red. Agility helps with being a solid football player.

It helps but it's really not important to anybody but NFL scouts.

Next time TMart scrambles and lacks that little extra wiggle to turn it into something huge, tell me that agility isn't important...

It's college. Sure you want agility, but you will take football players over agility a lot of the time. The NFL is different, there are only so many players and you take all the football players and take the best of them so specifics come more into factor.

I would agree there, I see where you were going.

Next time TMart scrambles and lacks that little extra wiggle to turn it into something huge, tell me that agility isn't important...

I wonder how Taylor would do in a 5-10-5 agility test. Obviously he has speed for days but his lateral movement leaves room for big improvement in my opinion. Someone like Turner or Abdullah would test pretty well in something like that though.

I wonder how Taylor would do in a 5-10-5 agility test. Obviously he has speed for days but his lateral movement leaves room for big improvement in my opinion. Someone like Turner or Abdullah would test pretty well in something like that though.

Taylor ran a 3.97 PA at the 2008 LA Scout combine. That is elite by any standards. Pro agility is a good indicator of a guy's quickness, but it doesn't necessarily correlate on the field. My PB in the shuttle is a 3.88, but I know plenty of guys with better moves and agility on the field/court than myself. Running a good shuttle is a great deal of technique, much more so than a 40 or vertical, where a guy who knows what he's doing can take as much as .5 off his time pretty easily. Body control and balance (which can easily be seen during a game) are the biggest determinants in someone's overall "quickness".

Taylor ran a 3.97 PA at the 2008 LA Scout combine. That is elite by any standards. Pro agility is a good indicator of a guy's quickness, but it doesn't necessarily correlate on the field. My PB in the shuttle is a 3.88, but I know plenty of guys with better moves and agility on the field/court than myself. Running a good shuttle is a great deal of technique, much more so than a 40 or vertical, where a guy who knows what he's doing can take as much as .5 off his time pretty easily. Body control and balance (which can easily be seen during a game) are the biggest determinants in someone's overall "quickness".

100% correct post

Since this has continued to be discussed I might as well chime back in. The point of my original post was just to point out not to ignore that pro-agility number because of how great it actually is. Obviously we can't just assume the kid is going to be an All-American from his testing results, but it does give a pretty good indication of how he stands up athletically with other national talent. I would have to say that he is right there at the top. Great speed for his size, excellent change of direction for any size, and excellent explosiveness (vertical). And he obviously has elite size as well. It is always hard to gauge Nebraska talent because of the competition level, but at least these tests at legit camps can give us an idea of where a kid stands.

Are we going to go heavy on this kid I'd hate to lose him to the likes of Iowa...almost makes me ill just thinking about it

This is a tough one... Obviously, I'm sure we're going to be in on some very talented RB's this cycle. I doubt we'll take 2 again this year. But, I really don't think we can let this kid get out of the state either...

Are we going to go heavy on this kid I'd hate to lose him to the likes of Iowa...almost makes me ill just thinking about it

This is a tough one... Obviously, I'm sure we're going to be in on some very talented RB's this cycle. I doubt we'll take 2 again this year. But, I really don't think we can let this kid get out of the state either...

unless there is a crazy small class I think 2 rb's is a must. Then, sadly, watch someone transfer.