RB Christian McCaffrey [Stanford Commit]

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

“I have a solid ten right now,” McCaffrey said. “Stanford, Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Duke, Nebraska and Florida State are the ones at the top. They are all equal. I like what I’ve learned from all of those schools on TV and from what people have told me about them. I’ve also been forming a good relationship with the coaching staffs from those schools. All of that has been big for me, and all of those schools showing me that they want me a lot."

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

Sounds like this kid is pretty solid to Stanford, but watching him tonight he looks like a perfect fit for what we're looking to do in our offense. Obviously Stanford is in a great place right now (and the academics are a given), but it seems like with his versatility out of the backfield and his (relative) lack of size and power - at least compared to Stepfan Taylor/Toby Gerhart - he would be a much better fit in a spread-type offense like we run than than the 2 TE/1 FB power game that Stanford favors.

I know he showed some early interest in us - does anyone see a scenario where we get him on campus for an OV?

Cue the Lloyd Christmas Gif... :P

Sounds like this kid is pretty solid to Stanford, but watching him tonight he looks like a perfect fit for what we're looking to do in our offense. Obviously Stanford is in a great place right now (and the academics are a given), but it seems like with his versatility out of the backfield and his (relative) lack of size and power - at least compared to Stepfan Taylor/Toby Gerhart - he would be a much better fit in a spread-type offense like we run than than the 2 TE/1 FB power game that Stanford favors.

I know he showed some early interest in us - does anyone see a scenario where we get him on campus for an OV?

Cue the Lloyd Christmas Gif... :P

No, I think we're more than happy with Madre London. Our backfield is also getting a little crowded.