Bama: Best program ever?

Who crushed an Sec team 62-24. L s u was not good this year and 4 points and a few yards from losing. L s u got embarrassed by a bad team... and Georgia bam a should have lost here. Nebraska scored more points on Georgia than Alabama scored on Georgia this year 28 points compared to Nebraska 31 scorer against the Georgia D... say all you want that bama beat Florida who got crushed by a 2 loss Louisville team with Shawn Watson at offensive coordinator that bama barely beat and Alabama d I d lose to Texas a&m if Oregon or a&m were placed in the title even tosu or a few other teams AlAbama is lucky to barely win this game if at all

I've heard lots of talk about how impressive this Alabama program has been. And sure it is impressive, but frankly it should be expected. We're talking about a program that has all the advantages in college football. Programs like Nebraska don't get that. Nebraska has to earn everything. If a team like Nebraska could beat a team like Alabama for the National Championship now that would be impressive. Otherwise why would anyone expect Alabama not to win. They're Goliath, we're the guy everybody expects that's going to get the s*** kicked out of by Goliath.

I've heard lots of talk about how impressive this Alabama program has been. And sure it is impressive, but frankly it should be expected. We're talking about a program that has all the advantages in college football. Programs like Nebraska don't get that. Nebraska has to earn everything. If a team like Nebraska could beat a team like Alabama for the National Championship now that would be impressive. Otherwise why would anyone expect Alabama not to win. They're Goliath, we're the guy everybody expects that's going to get the s*** kicked out of by Goliath.

When I think of states laden with talent, I think of Texas; Florida; and California. The state of Alabama has won the last four NC's. Sure, Bama has more advantages than Nebraska does. However, I don't for one second believe Bama has more advantages over a team like Texas. Plus, Texas plays in a weaker conference.

• Fire 1

When I think of states laden with talent, I think of Texas; Florida; and California. The state of Alabama has won the last four NC's. Sure, Bama has more advantages than Nebraska does. However, I don't for one second believe Bama has more advantages over a team like Texas. Plus, Texas plays in a weaker conference.

Well it's the same way with Texas. Everybody expects Texas to win, because they have all the advantages too. But it's there own fault they haven't taken advantage of it the same way Alabama has. I can think of easily10 teams that have those advantages.. we don't. That's why it makes it more impressive for team like Nebraska to win championships.

And if anyone wants to claim our 1997 title has an asterisk, they can stick it. Go cry to Michigan and the Big Ten/Pac-12 who refused to join the Bowl Alliance like the rest of the country because the Rose Bowl was more precious to them than figuring it out on the field. That's not Nebraska's fault and that's not a knock on our 1997 title. We wanted to play Michigan. It would have been far easier to demolish Brian Griese than Peyton Manning and the team of future NFL stars that filled that Tennessee roster.

I can guarantee you we would have destroyed Michigan by a far greater margin than we killed Tennessee in 1997. There was no way that team was walking off the field without a title for Osborne's final game. It would have been a bloodbath of 1995 proportions if Michigan hadn't ducked out to the Rose Bowl.

This, absolutely without question.

We beat the #3 team in their home stadium who still had a shot at the NC as well at the time of the game.

At the beginning of the day they had a shot at the NC. By game time, Michigan had won the Rose Bowl and Tennessee's chance was gone.

Miami in 1994. Before the game, Miami was still in the hunt and would've claimed the title with a win over Nebraska and a Penn St loss to Oregon the next day. Yes, Tennessee was completely eliminated the day before the Orange Bowl once Michigan beat Washington St.

I think we have the edge for now. Nebraska played for the national title and lost in a close one in '93, no? And had quite a solid run in '96 end in the Big 12 CCG. An unbelievable 5-year run.

Yep a FG away from the 3peat, and taking down Fsu, Miami, and Florida in the championship games too.That would have been extra sweet for me, because the Florida schools were all riding high at the time and i couldn't stand any of them , :lol:

As far as a comparison, i would say about even at this point. Unfortunately Bama is loaded with talent, and continues to get more, I look for them to get at least one more championship , :angry: then the argument will pretty much be over. IMO

I feel more impressed with Alabama's but it could be just because it is the more recent run.

In the three years for each:

Alabama beat more ranked opponents

Nebraska didn't lose at all.

Both teams had impressive performances in Bowl Games in their second and third years but shaky or less dominating wins in their first NC year.

I happen to think Bama's is the better of the two dynasties just because I respect the competition that they have faced more than the teams Nebraska faced. I think that It's much tougher to build a dynasty in a conference like the SEC where four other teams had won National Championships in the past decade or so (Auburn, LSU, Tennessee and Florida) than it is in the Big 8 where the only real consistent competition came from OU and only occasionally from Colorado.

You may respect their competition more, but it's not like they came out unscathed. They lost to that competition. Nebraska went undefeated and nobody can say that Nebraska would've lost to those teams too... you just can't say that.

I can just say that. Manziel and a bunch of young Aggies would demolish the 1994 Nebraska football team if they played today. It wouldn't even be close. :P

But really you do make a good point. There is something to be said for NU not losing a single game during that period, and while they went undefeated they also, in my opinion, didn't play as good a competition as Alabama has but NU won those games like they should have...by a lot but then again Alabama's points for/against average is damn good too. I guess it comes down to how you want to measure it.

There is not definitive way to determine which had/has the better dynasty. The answer to that question is going to vary from person to person. I'm comfortable just letting them stand how they are, saying that both were amazing sets of teams and sitting back to see how Alabama plays the next few years out.

No sh#t. Our linemen weigh like a hundred pounds now, our top running back is in jail, our back-up QB died in a plane crash, and have you seen Tommie Frazier lately?

• Fire 3