Bama: Best program ever?

And i say that 2011 Bama is probably equal to our '96 Nebraska. Only difference? We barely lost our CCG when our whole team had the flu, and our best LB was suspended. And Alabama barely won their CCG, and got to play for the title and won it.

You're thinking of 2012 Alabama. 2011 Alabama didn't even win their own division, much less the CCG.

And i say that 2011 Bama is probably equal to our '96 Nebraska. Only difference? We barely lost our CCG when our whole team had the flu, and our best LB was suspended. And Alabama barely won their CCG, and got to play for the title and won it.

You're thinking of 2012 Alabama. 2011 Alabama didn't even win their own division, much less the CCG.

Yes. This year. Thank You.

The one constnat is that this is always being redifined. There was Miami in ehe 80's. You guys and FSU in the 90's. UF had a nice run as well. Bama in the late 2000's. Many schools before that.

NU was the more dominant in the 90s. Bama has an impressive run going.

Overall programs is probably Notre Dame, USC and Bama with NU and Texas not far behind. If Bama contunes this streak, they will certainly be able to make that claim.

espn has 2.5 billion reasons why it licks the secs nuts all day every day. Of course all your gonna hear is how Bama is the best ever, Saban is the best ever bla bla bla.

We'll see. But I'm always obliged to mention that a couple years ago, ESPN polled its own college football experts on the greatest NCAA teams ever, and they ranked '95 Nebraska #1 and '71 Nebraska #3.

ESPN has alway given Nebraska the respect we deserve - maybe even the benefit of the doubt. But right now the SEC is on a roll, and they are top to bottom the best conference out there. That's just the way it is. When Nebraksa upsets South Carolina and Georgia in our bowl games, ESPN will be happy to report it. They love upsets.

But we didn't. Get over it.

I wasnt talking about our bowl games. I was talking about how espn treats Bama and Saban. Get over it

Here is a link that ranks the top 4 year span. They have NU # 1 and Bama #2. There is no mention of the Bob Father. You'd think he'd get mentioned with his 2 NC in 70-71 & 1969-72 run would get him on the list. He went 42-4-2 wt back to back NC wt one tie as the only blemish on that 2 year period. The 71 team has often been ranked in the top 5 all time by some sport magazines. In years past I've seen the 71 team even ranked ahead of the 95 team. I've also seen the 95 team and 71 team ranked 1 & 2 all time or 1 & 3. I cannot remember the sources - this was a few years ago - during the run by USC a few years ago - that team (pre sactions) was the other team in the top 3).

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/news/article1270350.ece

Here is what the article said about # 1 NU from 94-97

1. Nebraska (1994-97)

Hard to beat this Cornhuskers stretch under coach Tom Osborne. This is how Nebraska did over these four seasons: 13-0, 12-0, 11-2, 13-0. It included at least a share of three national titles, including the 1995 team that might have been the best ever. The '95 Huskers won by an average score of 53-14, averaged 562 yards per game and never trailed all season in the second half.