The Fighting Erstads vs CSU Bakersfield

I know, Double Post << some peoples kids (shaking head)

2013 BIG championship is in the Twin Cities this year... with the 2014 championship in Omaha. Suppose we can win back to back trophies?

That would be awesome, if they improve half as much this year as they did last year good things should come. I might have to make the 3 hour trip to the Twin Cities if my class schedule lines up right.

i hope they can go back to back. im not expecting great things out of non con, but id love to see gritty baseball, be competetive and learn from the games that they are playing in and improve as the non con goes on, be hyped and ready for the conference play, go in and whoop up! then i may be headed to twin cities as well!

Very Good Article :)

I knew Hirsch had a solid summer and is working hard for the Friday Night position. It's good to see "real" competition there. (Kubat/Hirsch/Bummer/King [lefties] and Bublitz/Howell/Niederklien/Vogt [righties])

Obviously lacking last year was a sure thing closer but I like the improvement of both King and Niederklein. This is one thing I'm anxiously waiting to see who emerges. (Maybe Howell?)

The other exciting development is the potential competition within the infield. We have some very, VERY talented youth. (Chad will finally get to play the outfield.) Finally, Bolt's growth as a coach. He's obviously played in VanHorn's scheme, coached with Childress and learned that scheme. I think we will see a vastly improved infield that plays smarter and quicker this year.

Ugh... I'm so darned amped for this season to start and NO, I don't expect us to start the season off strong. A 2-2 start would be acceptable, then a 3-4 but after the TexA$$ series, I expect the team to be 500 at 5-5 and we shouldn't see the sker's below 500 after that.

edit: BTW, I don't expect Hirsch to be named our first Friday starter.. My guess is Kubat, Bublitz, Hirsch with Bummer and Howell/Hadden/DeLeon competing for the other mid week spot...

The season is nearly here, the expectations are high, enthusiasm is growing and what I like most, the athletes are HUNGRY.