SIGNED OT Dwayne Johnson

We have had plenty of good news this recruiting season...just a couple of small bumps here lately. Big decision for everyone of these kids. My kid went to Arkansas. It is a great campus. Not sure if any high school kid is really looking hard at academics at this point--maybe their parents are. Most are looking for that "fit" with coaches and facilities. Arkansas has good ones in both those areas.

We just need to close out a great year by keeping those we have and slipping a couple of extra in towards signing day.

GBR

I'm not the least bit confident when we're up against an $EC team in recruiting, especially this late in the game. They're crooked as hell and when its late and they're desperate for a player they will stop at nothing to get their guy. Hopefully Johnson can't be bought.

Obviously we arent doing something right then since we're ranked 65th in recruiting right now :lol:

That just means the other $EC teams are out spending you.

if he's going to school for anything business related - Arkansas will be tough to beat.

The fact that Warren Buffet went to UNL college of business made a huge impact on Terrell Newby's family....

Just saying.

The fact that someone went to a school 70 years ago (after UofPenn) would have very little impact on my decision. I'd guess the school was a little different back then as well. Just sayin...

I actually didn't know this until a former boss of mine took his son to visit Arkansas a few weeks ago. Walmart pumps hundreds of millions into that school. Not surprising. As does Tyson foods. What I didn't know is that Wal-mart also requires that any company doing business with them have a presence in or around Fayetteville. That means that something like 400 of the Fortune 500 companies are represented down there. Coupled with the relatively small market - internships are a dime a dozen for Arkansas grads/students. He's looked at a dozen other schools throughout the B12 and midwest (former boss is very wealthy) including Baylor, A&M, etc and he said that Arkansas blew everyone away when it came to the business program and academic facilities. Surprised me.

Just telling you what helped with Newby

A good recruiter should be able to spin the UNL V Ark business school arguement in our favor. The fact that Warren Buffet went to UNL "70 years ago" doesn't matter. The fact that Warren Buffet is the most successful living investor today is what's important because he represents the UNL brand. As far as Wal-Mart and Tyson foods funding programs at U. of Arkansas, so what? In addition to Buffet, we have Monsanto funding UNL programs. Wal-Mart and Tyson run on margins that are only getting narrower as their competition closes in. Monsanto makes money off of high margins made possible by a growing portfolio of young patents on life itself? Who would you want to stake your business future with? Besides, Monsanto has a former legal counsel sitting on the Supreme Court. Talk about prestige.

As far as better internships go, how much time do student athletes have for internships? What's more important is opportunity for paid employment after graduation, and there is simply no comparison in the unemployment rates of Nebraska and Arkansas.

As far as nicer facilities due to the Wal-Mart cash infuse at Arkansas, how much time do you think you'll be spending in these facilities. Other than actual lecture time, more time will be spent in the academic support complex for student athletes, where UNL shines.

• Fire 1

Actually sound like he was very impressed, he was asked if Arkansas gained ground after the visit he said. "Ya definitely". Said he has a lot to think about on his trip home

Que every kid that ever makes an OV, same song and dance. They may have impressed him, but in the end he will probably still get his commit.

Actually sound like he was very impressed, he was asked if Arkansas gained ground after the visit he said. "Ya definitely". Said he has a lot to think about on his trip home

Que every kid that ever makes an OV, same song and dance. They may have impressed him, but in the end he will probably still get his commit.

I agree just passing along info

Sounds good, didn't mean to jump down your throat buddy.

Sounds good, didn't mean to jump down your throat buddy.

It's all good, you didn't, I'm probably on edge after this last weekend of news :(