SIGNED OT Dwayne Johnson

These arguments are for a place like the woodshed. I hate clicking on a recruits page thinking there is something important to read just to find people going at each other on a players page. It sucks. So please stop.

Why the long face?

Brogan: Take it easy, was just joking. And i owe you an apology, i misread what you wrote and thought you were siding with huskerball. So, sorry.

Stpaulhusker: A couple posts is hardly an argument. If its so hard to click and read you might wanna hire an assistant to do it for you.

It was more pointed toward Brogan writing like a meltdown was about to take place. I have been out of the loop for a couple of days and when I start logging in to see what I missed while gone, it just sucks to have to weed through stuff like this on several threads. I wrote it like a demand but it is more of a suggestion to move it from a players thread.

I'm no fan of the SEC, but why is that whenever a recruit picks the SEC, why is it instantly about family pressure or shady money? Can someone explain it to me? Besides Auburn during the Cam fiasco, can someone give me some actual credible examples? Otherwise, it just seems like jealousy. If we are the best fit, Johnson will picks us, if not, them good luck to him!

Wow, you're as blind as the NCAA. Its obvious that the $EC plays by a different set of rules.

Its kinda ironic because our new coach came from the big ten lol. If we were to pay a recruit youd thing we'd go after a more high profile one or something at least

• Fire 1

I'm no fan of the SEC, but why is that whenever a recruit picks the SEC, why is it instantly about family pressure or shady money? Can someone explain it to me? Besides Auburn during the Cam fiasco, can someone give me some actual credible examples? Otherwise, it just seems like jealousy. If we are the best fit, Johnson will picks us, if not, them good luck to him!

Wow, you're as blind as the NCAA. Its obvious that the $EC plays by a different set of rules.

Its kinda ironic because our new coach came from the big ten lol. If we were to pay a recruit youd thing we'd go after a more high profile one or something at least

You're right, he WAS a B1G coach, but now he's in the $EC and has to play by their rules. Hes new so probably only has so much money at his disposal right now.

For those of you that are "disappointed" that family would sway his decision, that is a terrible attitude. If I were in a position where I had several opportunities, and people were pulling me every which way but loose, family would be the one group I would count on to try and get my head screwed on straight. There are all sorts of consideration, including weather, travel distance, FAMILY, etc. Anyway....we should all hope that these kids make the best decision for them and we HOPE that the best decision for them is being a Husker. If not...wish them well and let go. Just sayin'...

GBR

His H.S. teammate RB Denzell Evans is visiting Arkansas this weekend without an offer, said he really wants to go to Arkansas and if he gets and offer and commits there is a "great possibility" that Dwayne goes there as well...I don't think this one is going to end well.

For those of you that are "disappointed" that family would sway his decision, that is a terrible attitude. If I were in a position where I had several opportunities, and people were pulling me every which way but loose, family would be the one group I would count on to try and get my head screwed on straight. There are all sorts of consideration, including weather, travel distance, FAMILY, etc. Anyway....we should all hope that these kids make the best decision for them and we HOPE that the best decision for them is being a Husker. If not...wish them well and let go. Just sayin'...

GBR

But it eases the pain if we think and say that the SEC is obviously bribing kids and families with money hidden under big cookies and pie. :sarcasm We know what is besy for these kids and it's their loss if they choose otherwise.

GBR

I don't think the disappointment is because family is involved. I think it is because the kid is going on visits and enjoying the process without much if any pressure from the family. Once he is ready to make a decision the family blows up the kid's final three out of nowhere and adds teams that had not even been in consideration. There have just been too many cases of "uncles" being bought for it not to feel a little dirty.

Assuming that every kid's family is being bribed is just not right...MOST kids go play for the SEC because they feel that is the elite conference right now, and if they can play there, they can play anywhere. Plus, weather is a big plus for the SEC teams. They have also had a big bunch of kids to pick from in the south. It is not across the board. Look at Mizzou and Arkansas....they have got a very weak class when compared to the rest of the SEC teams. That is reflected in the fact they had an awful year. We just need to keep getting some of those elite kids in here TO STAY and we will be fine. GBR

GBR

I don't think the disappointment is because family is involved. I think it is because the kid is going on visits and enjoying the process without much if any pressure from the family. Once he is ready to make a decision the family blows up the kid's final three out of nowhere and adds teams that had not even been in consideration. There have just been too many cases of "uncles" being bought for it not to feel a little dirty.

Especially when the prospect left his OV committed and didn't plan on going on anymore trips. All of the sudden he's now going on the trip, he says on his visit to Arkansas that his leader is NU. Since then it's been reported that its 50 50 by his coach and uncle and no word from him.

If you guys read the article his coach put out a few days ago from a premium Arkansas site it would have made you puke. Never heard a coach with so much bias in an interview before.

If Husker fans are going to cry about a kid trying to make the best decision he can, please bad mouth Mixon for committing to Mizzou and switching to Huskers. It seems we want it both ways. It is awful when a kid looks for different opportunities when he is committed to us, but, woohooo...great news when a kid switches his commitment from another school to be a Husker. We should welcome the kids who switch to us, and wish the ones that decide to go elsewhere, the best of luck. They just obviously felt the vibes with the Huskers weren't the best. Better now than later.

I will tell me what bothers me more...and that is kids like Heard leaving after they (and us) have invested so much time and effort into their football careers and academics. Tells me they were expecting one thing and got another.

GBR...

• Fire 2

You're missing the idea, dude.

The "idea" that every kid should commit AND sign LOI's to NU??? What "idea" is he (and myself, apparently) missing?

Some fans play the role of jealous girlfriend perfectly. They like to complain to girlfriends in the dorm about the ex-boyfriend being out at the bars hitting on women, while sitting in front of the mirror trying to look sexy to hit on new guys at the bar...