SIGNED OT Dwayne Johnson

Your updates are comedic gold.

I was told at one point he committed. Now same person told me not so fast. Just passing along what I hear guys. I'm not the only one stating certain things.

I appreciate people passing on rumors. Yours just seem to have a propensity lately for following along with what is already posted in a given thread. You suddenly hearing that Arkansas was in it, after it was already posted by someone else (and after you just posted that he was already ours), is hilarious.

if he's going to school for anything business related - Arkansas will be tough to beat.

The fact that Warren Buffet went to UNL college of business made a huge impact on Terrell Newby's family....

Just saying.

The fact that someone went to a school 70 years ago (after UofPenn) would have very little impact on my decision. I'd guess the school was a little different back then as well. Just sayin...

I actually didn't know this until a former boss of mine took his son to visit Arkansas a few weeks ago. Walmart pumps hundreds of millions into that school. Not surprising. As does Tyson foods. What I didn't know is that Wal-mart also requires that any company doing business with them have a presence in or around Fayetteville. That means that something like 400 of the Fortune 500 companies are represented down there. Coupled with the relatively small market - internships are a dime a dozen for Arkansas grads/students. He's looked at a dozen other schools throughout the B12 and midwest (former boss is very wealthy) including Baylor, A&M, etc and he said that Arkansas blew everyone away when it came to the business program and academic facilities. Surprised me.

if he's going to school for anything business related - Arkansas will be tough to beat.

The fact that Warren Buffet went to UNL college of business made a huge impact on Terrell Newby's family....

Just saying.

The fact that someone went to a school 70 years ago (after UofPenn) would have very little impact on my decision. I'd guess the school was a little different back then as well. Just sayin...

I actually didn't know this until a former boss of mine took his son to visit Arkansas a few weeks ago. Walmart pumps hundreds of millions into that school. Not surprising. As does Tyson foods. What I didn't know is that Wal-mart also requires that any company doing business with them have a presence in or around Fayetteville. That means that something like 400 of the Fortune 500 companies are represented down there. Coupled with the relatively small market - internships are a dime a dozen for Arkansas grads/students. He's looked at a dozen other schools throughout the B12 and midwest (former boss is very wealthy) including Baylor, A&M, etc and he said that Arkansas blew everyone away when it came to the business program and academic facilities. Surprised me.

I live closely to U of A, and I know plenty of people that have attended the school. It is not a hard school too get into, and from my experiences/understandings you are "sunshine pumping" their academic facilities.... They are no better than most other major schools....

Just saying.

I live closely to U of A, and I know plenty of people that have attended the school. It is not a hard school too get into, and from my experiences/understandings you are "sunshine pumping" their academic facilities.... They are no better than most other major schools....

perhaps, i didn't see them, i'm just going off what he told me. he lives in a couple million dollar home - so usually things are pretty dumpy for him. if he went out of his way to talk them up then I have to assume they are pretty nice.

Just saying.

perhaps, i didn't see them, i'm just going off what he told me. he lives in a couple million dollar home - so usually things are pretty dumpy for him. if he went out of his way to talk them up then I have to assume they are pretty nice.

Don't get me wrong, it is a fine school, but there are better schools in the surrounding states....

Don't get me wrong, it is a fine school, but there are better schools in the surrounding states....

I was just shocked that it was even considered a "fine" school. I'd been thinking for a long time that Arkansas was kind of a dump, and their academics were worthless. And they might still be - but at least I now know why some people would go there...it's easy to get a high paying job when you're done - courtesy of Wal-Mart and the companies they work with. And I actually kind of like the state. I've only been up north - but pretty country.

I came to the board to catch some recruiting news since there's so much going on. Instead I had to sift through an entire page of bill sh#t before giving up. If nothing else, it's a friendly reminder why I don't come here anymore. Thanks! #GBR

So coming here to say you don't come here anymore counts as not coming here anymore?

I came to the board to catch some recruiting news since there's so much going on. Instead I had to sift through an entire page of bill sh#t before giving up. If nothing else, it's a friendly reminder why I don't come here anymore. Thanks! #GBR

So coming here to say you don't come here anymore counts as not coming here anymore?

that's a lot of coming

I was just shocked that it was even considered a "fine" school. I'd been thinking for a long time that Arkansas was kind of a dump, and their academics were worthless. And they might still be - but at least I now know why some people would go there...it's easy to get a high paying job when you're done - courtesy of Wal-Mart and the companies they work with. And I actually kind of like the state. I've only been up north - but pretty country.

I've been through Fayetteville. Decent city. Cool campus and downtown bar district.

Also went to Texarkana. That is like a different world. Poor kids that grow up there.

Your updates are comedic gold.

I was told at one point he committed. Now same person told me not so fast. Just passing along what I hear guys. I'm not the only one stating certain things.

I appreciate people passing on rumors. Yours just seem to have a propensity lately for following along with what is already posted in a given thread. You suddenly hearing that Arkansas was in it, after it was already posted by someone else (and after you just posted that he was already ours), is hilarious.

And when multiple people are hearing the same thing from different people what does that usually mean?