SIGNED OT Dwayne Johnson

Ya your missing the point. And besides he hasn't committed to either school so no ones bad mouthing him for going to Arkansas. In fact here is my post if he goes to Arkansas.

Best of luck to him. Hope he was able to make his own decision.

So the posts about "jobs for uncles", "BB's spending account", "oversigning", were not bad mouthing Arkansas and other SEC schools. Not saying you made the posts, Fowler; I look for your recruiting posts because they are GOOD posts. But to say that some posters on here aren't acting silly over a kids is wrong. The fact that he has never "committed" here makes these posts even more rediculous.

Ya your missing the point. And besides he hasn't committed to either school so no ones bad mouthing him for going to Arkansas. In fact here is my post if he goes to Arkansas.

Best of luck to him. Hope he was able to make his own decision.

So the posts about "jobs for uncles", "BB's spending account", "oversigning", were not bad mouthing Arkansas and other SEC schools. Not saying you made the posts, Fowler; I look for your recruiting posts because they are GOOD posts. But to say that some posters on here aren't acting silly over a kids is wrong. The fact that he has never "committed" here makes these posts even more rediculous.

It would be different if the tactics mentioned above weren't utilized in the SEC. Seem to remember Tevin Mitchell's mom getting a job when he committed.

• Fire 3

Assuming that every kid's family is being bribed is just not right...MOST kids go play for the SEC because they feel that is the elite conference right now, and if they can play there, they can play anywhere. Plus, weather is a big plus for the SEC teams. They have also had a big bunch of kids to pick from in the south. It is not across the board. Look at Mizzou and Arkansas....they have got a very weak class when compared to the rest of the SEC teams. That is reflected in the fact they had an awful year. We just need to keep getting some of those elite kids in here TO STAY and we will be fine. GBR

Not assuming anything. And bribery/ improper benefits was not the point. I don't care why the kid wants to play anywhere. I care why the family wants him to play somewhere. Especially when there are no ties to the school.

If the kid is going to make a decision on his own, fine. If a kid is involving family the entire time, great. Either way the process is established early on. When someone becomes highly influential late in the process they "change the process" for lack of a better term by injecting their own biases that may not be able to be overcome. It just seems that if they cared that much about where the kid was going to school they would have big a larger influence early on. That's all.

I'm no fan of the SEC, but why is that whenever a recruit picks the SEC, why is it instantly about family pressure or shady money? Can someone explain it to me? Besides Auburn during the Cam fiasco, can someone give me some actual credible examples? Otherwise, it just seems like jealousy. If we are the best fit, Johnson will picks us, if not, them good luck to him!

:facepalm:

treadwell.jpg

But so far no investigation has been launched and this does not have anything to do with Arkansas.

You got to be kidding. The recruit tweets picture of money and girls kissng him, and your response is there hasn't been an investigation yet? And yes, it's not Arkansas, but you asked for SEC and this one occurred in the last week. I'm not saying I know whether it happens all the time, but there sure is smoke to make you believe it occurs.

Now, in the case, I doubt money is involved and his family is there to help him make the best decision. I have no problem with that, even if its not NU. He and his family have to do what they feel is best for him.

The kid wants to come to Nebraska. That is his best decision in his mind. The fact that his family is forcing him to go to a place he doesn't want to isn't what is best for the kid. That's the point.

His parents want him to explore other options BEFORE committing. Sounds like good parenting to me. To think Arkansas, or others, must be doing something fishy to make him put off a decision is what some of us are calling double standards. When Nebraska has changed minds of athletes AFTER committing.

That is our point...

The kid wants to come to Nebraska. That is his best decision in his mind. The fact that his family is forcing him to go to a place he doesn't want to isn't what is best for the kid. That's the point.

To add....His parents will likely be responsible for travel expenses (not just to games). They are in charge of moving the kid. They are in charge of getting him home for Summer and Winter breaks....they are "ultimately" in charge of making sure he is adjusting well on his own. His parents should have a say. I talked with my parents about where I went to school, I wanted to go to Hawaii, they had a reason to disagree.

I EXPECT my kids to include me in a college decision, unless they are 100% independent. Not many college kids are, kinda the reason they are going to college...

The college choice and how much input parents have is an interesting debate which I suspect would be 50/50 for each side. No right answers here and all depending upon personal factors.

For my family it was the kid's decision 100%. We also didn't ask or expect to receive any financial support. Parents helped out, even though we didn't ask and would argue that they should keep it. They were the best...saints. I think the financial responsibility that they instilled into us at a young age led to us selecting schools that we could afford as well. That made it easier too. The one thing I did ask for was use of our 2nd car. (farm truck) They let me have it because they figured I would come home more often, which I did for that reason.

I am not about to say what decision or who the decision makers should be for D.Johnson. Whatever decision he makes I wish him the best. He needs to be happy as he goes through college as it will help him succeed.

• Fire 1

The college choice and how much input parents have is an interesting debate which I suspect would be 50/50 for each side. No right answers here and all depending upon personal factors.

For my family it was the kid's decision 100%. We also didn't ask or expect to receive any financial support. Parents helped out, even though we didn't ask and would argue that they should keep it. They were the best...saints. I think the financial responsibility that they instilled into us at a young age led to us selecting schools that we could afford as well. That made it easier too. The one thing I did ask for was use of our 2nd car. (farm truck) They let me have it because they figured I would come home more often, which I did for that reason.

I am not about to say what decision or who the decision makers should be for D.Johnson. Whatever decision he makes I wish him the best. He needs to be happy as he goes through college as it will help him succeed.

Pretty much the same conversation that made me end up at UNK. And I am happy for it! It was my decision, but my parents were sure to tell me what I could count on as far as a "security blanket". That weighed heavily, and I'm glad it did.

I would neep help to move to Hawaii, and come home for breaks. They knew that, and they helped me realize. They also made it clear that "short" visits would not be an option. They made me "ask questions" about what I really wanted. They had the right, because they were helping with incidentals, and emotionial support...

But its awfully convenient that he was dead set NU and then something happened to make his family all of a sudden have an input to where he's going.

If that's not the case, and his parents are just forcing him to go to Arkansas when he wants to go to Nebraska, well that's really not keeping his options open is it?