SIGNED OT Dwayne Johnson

I

The kid wants to come to Nebraska. That is his best decision in his mind. The fact that his family is forcing him to go to a place he doesn't want to isn't what is best for the kid. That's the point.

To add....His parents will likely be responsible for travel expenses (not just to games). They are in charge of moving the kid. They are in charge of getting him home for Summer and Winter breaks....they are "ultimately" in charge of making sure he is adjusting well on his own. His parents should have a say. I talked with my parents about where I went to school, I wanted to go to Hawaii, they had a reason to disagree.

I EXPECT my kids to include me in a college decision, unless they are 100% independent. Not many college kids are, kinda the reason they are going to college...

I'll add my 2 cents. My opinion is based solely on what I've read here.

Your post has merit, but I think its an apples and oranges comparison.

Why would he commit to us this late in the process (per credible contributors to this site), only to have his family say no? Too piss off daddy? I'm not biting. Commiting to NU without his "family's" approval (and this late) would seem to contradict that his "family" was involved in the decions making throughout the recruitment process. Why him committing to NU NOW seems to be a problem for his family is the unanswered question that has people annoyed. And based on earlier posts, its not a leap to think that the answer has to do with bias/reasons that are dishonest.

Edit: Looks like BBB XII summed it up well.

But its awfully convenient that he was dead set NU and then something happened to make his family all of a sudden have an input to where he's going.

If that's not the case, and his parents are just forcing him to go to Arkansas when he wants to go to Nebraska, well that's really not keeping his options open is it?

I'm not going to cry foul play on this one. A 3-star guy who would only be on campus for (correct me if I'm wrong) 2 years? It's this guy's choice where he goes. If that happens to be NU, I welcome him with open arms. If not, well... you can't win every battle.

But its awfully convenient that he was dead set NU and then something happened to make his family all of a sudden have an input to where he's going.

If that's not the case, and his parents are just forcing him to go to Arkansas when he wants to go to Nebraska, well that's really not keeping his options open is it?

I'm not going to cry foul play on this one. A 3-star guy who would only be on campus for (correct me if I'm wrong) 2 years? It's this guy's choice where he goes. If that happens to be NU, I welcome him with open arms. If not, well... you can't win every battle.

He isa high school senior

He isa high school senior

Ok. Not sure why I was thinking he was a JUCO

I

The kid wants to come to Nebraska. That is his best decision in his mind. The fact that his family is forcing him to go to a place he doesn't want to isn't what is best for the kid. That's the point.

To add....His parents will likely be responsible for travel expenses (not just to games). They are in charge of moving the kid. They are in charge of getting him home for Summer and Winter breaks....they are "ultimately" in charge of making sure he is adjusting well on his own. His parents should have a say. I talked with my parents about where I went to school, I wanted to go to Hawaii, they had a reason to disagree.

I EXPECT my kids to include me in a college decision, unless they are 100% independent. Not many college kids are, kinda the reason they are going to college...

I'll add my 2 cents. My opinion is based solely on what I've read here.

Your post has merit, but I think its an apples and oranges comparison.

Why would he commit to us this late in the process (per credible contributors to this site), only to have his family say no? Too piss off daddy? I'm not biting. Commiting to NU without his "family's" approval (and this late) would seem to contradict that his "family" was involved in the decions making throughout the recruitment process. Why him committing to NU NOW seems to be a problem for his family is the unanswered question that has people annoyed. And based on earlier posts, its not a leap to think that the answer has to do with bias/reasons that are dishonest.

Edit: Looks like BBB XII summed it up well.

As far as I've read, no one said he committed. A few have said, it looks VERY promising, but that's about it. I also trust the "contributors" on the board, but I also have distaste for the posters that make NU sound like Mizzou...bitter and jealous.

If the uncle's name is Billy Joe Bob or Ed Henry Ray ... I'm thinkin' he commits to ARKY. :-) I lived in ARKY for a couple of years and it doesn't get more redneck then their. A year in Harrison, AR and a year in Fayettville. Everybody in Harrison that was from there had three names ... and you had to use all three to identify them. :-)

Will announce on Wednesday

You have an opinion on this Paul?

50/50, but shrinking every day probably.

Like I said, the trigger was pulled, but family pull made him look at Arky. The teammate that just committed to the whorgs even let the commit out of the bag the following week.

I under stand where some on this board have said they believe the parents should have some pull in the decision, but my belief and it will be this way when my two are at this point in their lives, us to support what makes THEM happy and do whatever its in my means to make that happiness last all four or five years, how ever long it takes.

He is however taking our coaches advice. They told him if he's feeling too much pressure tell everybody hell announce on signing day. Then there isn't much anyone can do to change your mind last minute. Until I heard about the story leak I thought a Wednesday announcement was good for us know what our coaches had told him to do.