(Walkon) Transfer from NDSU. Sam Hahn OL

Saw this on another board...or two...and twitter. Will help our depth and could be another Choi/Long. I like it! He has already gained weight in his year up there. So he is getting bigger and developing.

Article on his NDSU commitment with Nebraska walkon spot as another option that he had (small mention)

http://www.sewardindependent.com/wilber/sports/article_6e2095b2-62fc-11e1-a2a1-001a4bcf6878.html

The ND St. roster has Hahn listed as 6'6" 278 lbs. Assuming he put on some weight during his redshirt year you would have to assume the kid is right around 300 lbs. right now. Article says he was a 3 sport athelete. Sounds like a good pickup for us. He will get his shot of contributing after next year. Going to be a lot of competition at those tackle spots.

Tom Osborne once said. he liked for his recruits to have played more than just one sport in high school. Hope this has helped develop his football skills. We do need help on the o-line.

welcome aboard.

GBR!!!

Thats why walkons can be so valuable. I'd say the vast majority of small town Nebraska athletes play at least 2 sports and probably alot of them 3 or 4 if you count summer sports like baseball and rodeo.

Tom Osborne once said. he liked for his recruits to have played more than just one sport in high school. Hope this has helped develop his football skills. We do need help on the o-line.

welcome aboard.

GBR!!!

Thats why walkons can be so valuable. I'd say the vast majority of small town Nebraska athletes play at least 2 sports and probably alot of them 3 or 4 if you count summer sports like baseball and rodeo.

Dont forget cowtippin and noodling! :lol:

welcome aboard.

GBR!!!

Rodeo?

welcome aboard.

GBR!!!

Rodeo?

Ya, like Janovich our stud FB did. Gotta be a tough SOB.

Maybe we can convince Mike Shoff to walkon after a year at SDSU. I noticed that he is up to 325 lbs and they did not redshirt him. I'm sure he wanted to come here to start with but no scholly, no Mike. I guess I answered my own question. He won't walkon here, but it's nice to dream.

http://www.gojacks.c...TCLID=205370843

Ran into Shoff at a wrestling tourney in Cambridge. He is a big kid that doesn't look 325...Holds it very well. His little brother is one to keep an eye on also as Mike said that he is more athletic and all around better athlete then he was.