Animals will always be killed for food. It is not possible for some third world countries to do it any other way.

However I would guess the majority of us on here are not in such terrible circumstances that we are unable to eat other food sources.

Why would we want to? We've bred and domesticated species into livestock for our benefit of consuming their products.

To sustain life on this planet for a longer period of time. :-)

I'll partly agree with you. Not that eating meat is wrong, but in the ways that it could be done could be more environmentally efficient.

If God had wanted us to be vegetarian he wouldn't have invented bacon.

The first humans were vegans. Adam and Eve anyways.....

I thought you said the Bible isn't credible....

I think he was being sarcastic..........................................................................................

What about a slaughterhouse is natural? Animals are lined up killed (hopefully on the first try) then processed. How is that anything like a lion chasing down a water buffalo? If you live on a farm and kill a chicken to feed your family that is ok. You most likely didn't hang it by its feet and run it through water with an electric current.

If you were to use all the fields etc that are used to feed livestock and used it for crops that people could eat you would have a heck of a lot more food and also a lot less manure.

"Our task must be to free ourselves . . . by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."

Albert Einstein

I'm not sure what pot smoker told you that, but you should probably have an idea of what you are talking about before you make any argument.

And you say that the way animals kill and eat other animals is okay when they chase them down and start eating them before they are dead, but when humans run them through a processing plant, kill them in the most humane way possible, and cut the carcasses into marketable cuts AFTER THEY ARE DEAD AND CAN NO LONGER FEEL PAIN, then that is supposedly not okay?.....

Now, am I saying that places that torture animals in an inhumane way don't exist? Absolutely not. I've never seen any first-hand but I'm sure they exist. But to say that is the norm is ignorant and uppity.

Ummmm electrical stunning of poultry most notably chicken is the most common method used in commercial slaughterhouses. It stuns and paralyzes them.

If God had wanted us to be vegetarian he wouldn't have invented bacon.

The first humans were vegans. Adam and Eve anyways.....

I thought you said the Bible isn't credible....

I think he was being sarcastic..........................................................................................

Well if someone drags "God" into it then that is something they might want to know if they are believers :-) I know knapp was being sarcastic though

Animals will always be killed for food. It is not possible for some third world countries to do it any other way.

However I would guess the majority of us on here are not in such terrible circumstances that we are unable to eat other food sources.

Why would we want to? We've bred and domesticated species into livestock for our benefit of consuming their products.

I'll partly agree with you. Not that eating meat is wrong, but in the ways that it could be done could be more environmentally efficient.

I'm not saying it is "wrong" I am saying I won't eat meat or animal products that are butchered in today's current industry. A small town farm with a dozen hens and a few cattle isn't what turns me away from meat. The commercial slaughtering etc is where I'm against it. If that makes any sense?

What about a slaughterhouse is natural? Animals are lined up killed (hopefully on the first try) then processed. How is that anything like a lion chasing down a water buffalo? If you live on a farm and kill a chicken to feed your family that is ok. You most likely didn't hang it by its feet and run it through water with an electric current.

If you were to use all the fields etc that are used to feed livestock and used it for crops that people could eat you would have a heck of a lot more food and also a lot less manure.

"Our task must be to free ourselves . . . by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."

Albert Einstein

I'm not sure what pot smoker told you that, but you should probably have an idea of what you are talking about before you make any argument.

And you say that the way animals kill and eat other animals is okay when they chase them down and start eating them before they are dead, but when humans run them through a processing plant, kill them in the most humane way possible, and cut the carcasses into marketable cuts AFTER THEY ARE DEAD AND CAN NO LONGER FEEL PAIN, then that is supposedly not okay?.....

Now, am I saying that places that torture animals in an inhumane way don't exist? Absolutely not. I've never seen any first-hand but I'm sure they exist. But to say that is the norm is ignorant and uppity.

Ummmm electrical stunning of poultry most notably chicken is the most common method used in commercial slaughterhouses. It stuns and paralyzes them.

Okay..... So if it paralyzes them then they can't feel anything. And most slaughter houses don't use that method because the electrical stunning can cause bruising and damages the meat.

I'm not saying it is "wrong" I am saying I won't eat meat or animal products that are butchered in today's current industry. A small town farm with a dozen hens and a few cattle isn't what turns me away from meat. The commercial slaughtering etc is where I'm against it. If that makes any sense?

I agree that commercial slaughter houses are not the most desirable way of doing things. But less than 2% of Americans currently live on a farm, and with that many of the American people (and people around the world) living in urban areas, commercial processing is the only feasible way of getting the product to the stores.