Javelina Hunt

95huskers

Looks like fun!

Nice bow, btw.

Do you eat javelina? I don't know anything about them . . . if so, how do they taste? Gamey pork?

Thanks,

It was fun!

Z7Magnum did the job.

I haven't eaten any yet as I had to come to New Mex to work after i left there.... the guide said that raccoon taste better... we are making a little sausage out of some of it.. so we will see. there isnt much meat on them. they weigh like 50 lbs live weight

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...

Went hog hunting and the guide told us that javelina were overgrown rats and not pigs. Looked it up when I got home. Guide was FOS. Javelina aren't technically pigs, they are in a different family, although they are related to both pigs and hippos. Sounds like a fun hunt though.

I've never eaten javelina, and while the wild hogs I've eaten range from great to only just edible, our guide also told us the worst hog was better than any javelina. As I have no personal experience with one, I'm interested if it's any good. Keep us up to date what the sausage tastes like.