TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

Okay before anyone accuses me of being overly pessimistic, I am super excited about this kid. I kind of squealed when I got the twitter notification about it earlier today.

That said - what do you guys see in this guy? I said earlier from watching his film he didn't seem to have good arm strength and a really unorthodox throwing motion. So I'm curious what your guys' assessment is.

BOOM!!!!! I have been following this kid for about a year now and i havent been this excited for a commit since well Clinkscales (knock on wood or clinkscales brain same difference) But in all seriousnss welcome aboard Dillman its great to have you as a Husker. If you put in work and effort you will be rewarded tremendously by our staff and fan base. GBR

First off, welcome Kevin!

That said - what do you guys see in this guy? I said earlier from watching his film he didn't seem to have good arm strength and a really unorthodox throwing motion. So I'm curious what your guys' assessment is.

All I saw is from the highlight tape or two I found from this thread and I agree with all of your comments. I mean, he must be a legit 6'4 and extremely athletic. He also sounds like his head is in the right place, a true competitor.

I didn't see much of his running so I'll hold off on that but his passing looked odd (untrained eyes and all that). I saw someone mention he was dealing with an Achilles issues so hopefully that's all it is. And I'm definitely not qualified to make any observations of worth from tape. Just...not seeing the 5-star QB here (which he's not, currently, even by 247)

Is Cody Green a fair comparison? Forget how his career turned out, let's not forget he was a very touted 4-star dual threat QB with size/speed combo athleticism, but very raw at the position despite his prolific HS stats.

Also, the thing with his highlight vid is, every play is a quick drop and a throw. His OL must be really impressive, but it would have been nice to see him move around in the pocket more, get out of trouble, or go through progressions?....I'm probably talking out of my rear here, haha.

I just remember getting to the end where one of his last plays showed him scrambling out of bounds for a short gain and thinking, we really didn't see much of him using his mobility in this one.

That said, we'll have 5 scholarship QBs on the roster for the 2015 season and that's pretty cool. Think we're done for this class.

In my opinion, this is one of the best gets NU has gotten in years. Very few players look like a 5 star. He does, and it's not even close. Watch all the film. He has returned kicks, played safety, tight end, and quarterback. The sky is the limit. Very excited.