TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

So, I wrote a letter to a friend who knows Mr. Osborne asking what their recommendations would be for Kevin to take the next step. Kevin really wants to play for Nebraska and I want to see this kid succeed for us someday down the road.

I would seriously recommend asking about getting him enrolled in Iowa Western Community College for a year. They have a fantastic program there as JUCOs go and it's literally right across the river from NU.

He could go there for a year to get his academics in order, more playing experience, etc. and be well prepared for D1 ball in the future.

Great I'll let him know your suggestion. Also Hedley I'm pretty sure it's his mismatched Swedish to American credit hours.

Not sure what his communication situation is with the new staff, but I'd recommend him at least asking about the possibility of going JUCO first to work out the academic stuff and then coming to NU after that.

Iowa Western would be a great choice because even though they just started their program a few years back, they've won a JUCO national championship already and they've sent several players on to D1 including a WR we played against for Illinois this year and Kansas State's starting QB.

Also, a bit of a typo before. It is right across the river from Nebraska itself. It's in Council Bluffs, which is right next to Omaha. Lincoln in another hour from here. It's still the closest JUCO available though.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I wrote a letter to a friend who knows Mr. Osborne asking what their recommendations would be for Kevin to take the next step. Kevin really wants to play for Nebraska and I want to see this kid succeed for us someday down the road.

These blasted transcripts. I hope they can get it all fixed. That's a silly reason for it all to fall apart, but what can you do. Best of luck to Kevin wherever he goes, I'm sure more than a few Husker fans will be rooting for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

“He was pretty much locked into Nebraska but it’s a crazy thing with recruiting that goes all the way through February. There was a staff change there and that’s when we found out that the new staff at Nebraska had dropped him.”
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/swedish-student-earns-football-scholarship-to-unt#sthash.JsCkvuaY.uxfs
Pretty cool how Tim Beck vouched for him going to UNT. It's a shame it worked out the way it did between Nebraska and Kevin.

• 1 year later...