Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

Notre Dame's statement. Unreal:

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown

University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President

On DECEMBER 26?

Manti talked to her on the phone every night, supposedly. You're telling me he wasn't in on this? Or that guy had some girl talk to him every night? C'MON!

Sounds like people were digging around and Manti got spooked.

Notre Dame's statement. Unreal:

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown

University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President

Manti HAD to be in on it. He said she came to visit him on the island!! Right? I read that in there, I think. My mind feels like mush after reading all of that.

I'm throwing this out there ...

I think he is gay.

And someone needs to watch out for this kid. I don't want him to hurt himself.

I had that thought as well. He's gay, he's having a relationship with this Tuiasosopo guy, and this is how they covered it up. My first thought when I read the deadspin article.

I'm throwing this out there ...

I think he is gay.

And someone needs to watch out for this kid. I don't want him to hurt himself.

I had that thought as well. He's gay, he's having a relationship with this Tuiasosopo guy, and this is how they covered it up. My first thought when I read the deadspin article.

Yep! That guy would show up to every family event that they thought Lennay was going to be at.

VERY MUCH frowned up in the Mormon faith. Story just got away from him.