Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

I haven't been so intrigued by a developing hoax story since the balloon boy in Colorado a couple years ago. Remember him?

I remember that. The dad did time for that stunt, didn't he?

Yes, but I think it was mainly because they had so many government agencies involved and he racked up a nice bill with them. I mean other than lying to the authorities that is.

I haven't been so intrigued by a developing hoax story since the balloon boy in Colorado a couple years ago. Remember him?

Ya, I remember that. Pretty sure someone got in trouble for it. I had the balloon as my avatar for that year in my fantasy fball league.

Yes, but I think it was mainly because they had so many government agencies involved and he racked up a nice bill with them. I mean other than lying to the authorities that is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balloon_boy_hoax

Did a little time and some restitution for all the police services. I remember watching the balloon's flight live, and after it landed it was empty!!! Then the circus afterward was a lot of fun. That won't even compare to the Manti Teo circus if this story takes off, though. He'll probably wish he had his own weather balloon to escape in.

For Notre Dame to have a statement out so quickly they knew the story was coming out.

The problem is the statement acts as though Manti was a victim, and I have a feeling they are going to wish they didn't put the statement out like this so quickly. They are taking Manti's word as for what he told them, and it's going to backfire on them b/c there is more to this story than him being a victim, and you can take that to the bank.

Notre Dame's statement. Unreal:

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown

University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President

This has me practically rolling on the floor.

What's next? Manti releasing a statement that in September he contracted a rare disease that has no name yet but can be understood simply as a form of reverse amnesia??