Dirk's Shawn Eichorst articles

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/70256/nebraska-ad-our-brand-is-as-good-as-ever

I really like this quote.

"We're not far away."

Eichorst has had "great conversations" with Pelini since arriving at Nebraska and looks forward to working with the coach in a more defined role.

"He's highly regarded," Eichorst said. "He's a very smart, intelligent, disciplined football coach. His players like playing for him. The team concept, we're graduating our kids at a high level, good character. All the things you want in a leader of your football program, or any program for that matter. ... The thing that I can do is let him do his job and provide him with the resources necessary for sustained success. At Nebraska, we have the ability to do that."

Let the man do his job. Eichorst also knows Nebraska has everything anybody could want. We just have to give these coaches everything they need to be successful. I hope we start putting maybe even a little more money on the table for recruing and also for coaches salaries. If you want to be the best, it is becoming clear that you have to be willing to dig deep. I think Eichorst understands this.