Poll - College baseball bats

What bats&rules do you want to see college use

A) Wood bats (purist)

B) Continue with today's BBCOR metal bats

C) Go back to rules prior to BBCOR

D) Use metal bats but with a higher BBCOR

Personally I like metal/aluminum bats rather than wood. I think they have it right. I was fine with last years production so I am going with B. IMO too many HR are not good for the game and they can make the games too long.

I personally think metal bats should be banned after Jr. High.

Agreed. Now i was a pitcher in college and look at it differently than too many HR will slow the game down. Having had my fair share of line drives come screaming back at me wood bats are the way to go.

You will hear people say that a barrel coming back at you is more dangerous than a ball. True, but as a high school or college pitcher if you don't have the reaction time/coordination skills needed to get out of the way of half a bat you sure as hell won't get out of the way when a line drive is drilled back at you. Wood bats are the way to go.

The purpose of the BBCOR rating was to ensure that balls flight off both metal and composite bats at the same velocity as wooden bats so I'm fine with the current BBCOR rated bats. As an umpire of 10 plus years I've seen way to many injures. Yes I miss the "ping" of the aluminum bat before the current ratings but I'm very happy with the current bat performance. Also, atheletes are getting stronger and faster by leaps and bounds therefore ball velocities had to be lowered. Most pitchers will say the same thing as wiuhusker did above. Screaming line drives are scary.. don't think so? Put yourself on the mound and let someone hit at you.

Those BBCOR bats suck. They have the feel of a lead pipe.

Good input in this thread. This thought surprised me a bit. I get your drift about the feel, but would think you wouldn't have to worry about any sting when you hit off the handle like wood? Plus you get a few more extra hits? Am I incorrect with these assumptions?

Can players use wood if they want?or do the universities force them to go metal because of cost. How many bats would break in a college season...roughly?