**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

After the Pens performance last night, shouldn't be a problem :facepalm:

Yeah, what the hell was that?

I don't have a real in-depth knowledge of hockey. I understand the basics and I'm starting to understand strategy and things like that a little more (at least I think I am), but last night just looked like a lack of effort. Nobody was going after the puck with any sense of urgency, except the Islanders. Turnovers and laziness/lack of effort.

If you keep watching, Doc Emerick is awesome and gives a good breakdown while the game is going on...

I think he was calling the game last night. He kept commenting on the Pens playing very business like and how they showed no emotion. Even after Bylsma called a timeout and was trying to instill some life into them, they still just skated around all lackadaisical

What's up with Fleury? He use too dominate and now he seems so out of position.

I don't have a real in-depth knowledge of hockey. I understand the basics and I'm starting to understand strategy and things like that a little more (at least I think I am), but last night just looked like a lack of effort. Nobody was going after the puck with any sense of urgency, except the Islanders. Turnovers and laziness/lack of effort.

If you keep watching, Doc Emerick is awesome and gives a good breakdown while the game is going on...

I think he was calling the game last night. He kept commenting on the Pens playing very business like and how they showed no emotion. Even after Bylsma called a timeout and was trying to instill some life into them, they still just skated around all lackadaisical

You'll get that quite frequently in the NHL regular season. Teams will go through many spells of just going through the motions it seems. Skating at that level is extremely physically demanding so I can't say as I blame them for dogging some shifts or periods. Although I would think with the long break they've had, they might be a little more anxious to get after it at this point. The good news is, they take it up about 5 notches when the playoffs roll around. That is when you'll really see some tremendous hockey. It is sometimes hit & miss (or dump & chase if you prefer) during the regular season.

Some talk about adding 2 teams:

http://sports.yahoo....48215--nhl.html

I saw that, and honestly, I don't think thats what they need to do.

If it were up to me, I'd get rid of at least 2, but no more than 6 teams. Does Florida need two hockey teams, no...

And with Phoenix drawing about 8,000 last week i think. They may lose a team. Who knows.

Well, they need to nix both Florida teams, Phoenix, Carolina, Columbus and Nashville. That would leave 24 teams, with two 12 team conferences. and broken down into 6 team divisions. And, bring back the old names of the conferences. I miss the Norris division...

Haven't got to watch to many hockey games due to my work schedule and no center ice, but I have been watching the blues. They look pretty solid so far along with Chicago and San Jose. Any other teams to watch out for?

You've got the western conference pretty well covered...

As far as the east, the Devils, Pittsburgh, the Rangers and the Bruins...

I stand corrected :D

F*ck the Penguins... I caught roughly the first half, and it was a tough watch...

on a lighter note, the Av's scored a powerplay goal and actually won...

:lol: I actually didn't watch it. Maybe that's why they won!

I stand corrected :D

F*ck the Penguins... I caught roughly the first half, and it was a tough watch...

on a lighter note, the Av's scored a powerplay goal and actually won...

:lol: I actually didn't watch it. Maybe that's why they won!

one of the reasons they won is because the Rangers power play looked like ass...