OT Brian Wallace [Arkansas - Signed LOI]

Nexus

Please remind me of when exactly Nebraska cleaned up nationally in recruiting top OL? We've gotten a few over the years, but most of our best lines were built on local kids and those overlooked in other states (often for not fitting the NFL prototype).

I will agree that NU's reputation for linemen has suffered since 2001 or so, but I think it's pretty clear that the line has improved considerably since the current staff got here. We have been rushing the ball about as well as any team, so I don't really understand what the complaining is about.

• Fire 1

Please remind me of when exactly Nebraska cleaned up nationally in recruiting top OL? We've gotten a few over the years, but most of our best lines were built on local kids and those overlooked in other states (often for not fitting the NFL prototype).

I will agree that NU's reputation for linemen has suffered since 2001 or so, but I think it's pretty clear that the line has improved considerably since the current staff got here. We have been rushing the ball about as well as any team, so I don't really understand what the complaining is about.

Great post!

We have a good shot with Nick Gates, and if he committed I would consider this to be a very strong OL haul for 2014.

Yeah I agree with this post. I was mostly trying to say that Nebraska used to always have one of the best offensive lines in the country. You are right that they never landed the best classes (although there were some great signings under Osborne. Winning changes everything). But, again, even without Gates these last two offensive line classes have been very solid and last years o-line would have been pretty dang good had they stayed healthy.

• 2 weeks later...