ATH Jacquille Veii [Maryland - Signed NLI]

Amac3309

If you tabbed 4 stars next to his name, nobody would dispute it. The dude is a baller.

Then you watched a different vid than I did. Watch Terrell Newby's tape (and actual 4 star recruit) and then watch this kid's again. Not in the same realm of talent.

Edit: I hope that if we take him he ends up in the secondary. He has great instincts back there, whether he's at CB or S

Terrell Newby is one of the top 100 kids nationally. screw what the services say. He and Taylor are top 100 recruits. Im not looking at him to be a rb but he has a great physique for his size and is fast. I've seen guys who have 4 stars near their name and dont deserve it. this guy's tape is better than Boaz Jospehs.

• Fire 1

If you tabbed 4 stars next to his name, nobody would dispute it. The dude is a baller.

Then you watched a different vid than I did. Watch Terrell Newby's tape (and actual 4 star recruit) and then watch this kid's again. Not in the same realm of talent.

Edit: I hope that if we take him he ends up in the secondary. He has great instincts back there, whether he's at CB or S

If he has the capability to learn the defense and how to run the secondary, then I wouldn't see why he wouldn't be a legitimate threat, but at least we could gain more depth at CB if he doesn't get the whole concept.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on Special Teams though.

If he has the capability to learn the defense and how to run the secondary, then I wouldn't see why he wouldn't be a legitimate threat, but at least we could gain more depth at CB if he doesn't get the whole concept.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on Special Teams though.

and it never hurts getting kids out of maryland. maybe maryland will become this generations NJ?

Back in the day NU would get some pretty nice gems out of NJ

Devaney and Osborne worked that area pretty effectively

Rutgers was awful back then

Maryland has VERY GOOD High School football and big population base in small area

Maryland Terps are awful in football

Now with Maryland in the B1G makes sense to make Maryland a bigger recruiting target

Kids from that area land up at PSU, VT, SC

Interesting article- Washington DC is ranked in the 7-9 area for producing most NFL Players:

http://www.theatlant...l-players/1840/

Maryland has VERY GOOD High School football and big population base in small area

Now with Maryland in the B1G makes sense to make Maryland a bigger recruiting target

Interesting article- Washington DC is ranked in the 7-9 area for producing most NFL Players:

A paragraph (from the Greek paragraphos, "to write beside" or "written beside") is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea. A paragraph consists of one or more sentences.[1][2] The start of a paragraph is indicated by beginning on a new line. Sometimes the first line is indented. A written work—be it an essay or a story—is about an idea or concept. An essay explains it; a story narrates it. To help the reader understand and enjoy it, the explanation or narration is broken down into units of text, the paragraph.

• Fire 1

A paragraph (from the Greek paragraphos, "to write beside" or "written beside") is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea. A paragraph consists of one or more sentences.[1][2] The start of a paragraph is indicated by beginning on a new line. Sometimes the first line is indented. A written work—be it an essay or a story—is about an idea or concept. An essay explains it; a story narrates it. To help the reader understand and enjoy it, the explanation or narration is broken down into units of text, the paragraph.

:facepalm:
  • Fire 3

The decision was hard enough for Jacquille Veii, a people pleaser who dreaded the idea of saying no to either Iowa or Maryland come National Signing Day. Then a text popped up on the Avalon senior’s phone on Tuesday.

“I get a text from [Avalon] Coach [Tad] Shields saying Nebraska wants to talk to me. So I call Nebraska and I got a Nebraska offer,” Veii told me Wednesday. “I checked and I saw a defensive back decommitted so I believe that’s why they offered me. Now I’m in a bind, signing day is right around the corner and everything is thrown off.”

Favorite quote from the article:

“At this point, I have no idea where I’m going to sign,” Veii said. “I had a great visit when I went to Iowa but there were some things I wasn’t comfortable about.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/recruiting-insider/post/letters-of-interest-avalons-jacquille-veii-weighs-his-options-between-maryland-nebraska-and-iowa/2013/01/31/96ba1a9c-6b76-11e2-af53-7b2b2a7510a8_blog.html

Newby is a borderline 5 star RB... With both of our RB's it could be argued that they would've been 5 stars.. If Newby didn't start out as such a low prospect, and if AT was 100% healthy.