ATH Jacquille Veii [Maryland - Signed NLI]

Amac3309

I think we are recruiting guys like him, gage, etc is b/c of our poor special teams last year. I really think we are looking at a few guys to be used as ST players primarily. He could be a good punt returner imo.

Understandable. I have no problem if this move is to have Veii play slot or ST, but I would be very confused if we recruited him as a DB.

Exactly, this is why he won't start as a CB. He may prefer to play CB but he said he will do what's best for the team.

Also, not every "CB" is a true corner. Ciante Evans has carved out a nice spot as our nickel back and he's only 5-11, 185. We definitely would rather have bigger guys but so would everyone else. Of Rivals' Top 75 corners this year, only 14 are taller than 6-0.

Height isn't nearly as important to me on a Corner, compared to physicality.... We need physical CB's....

I think we are recruiting guys like him, gage, etc is b/c of our poor special teams last year. I really think we are looking at a few guys to be used as ST players primarily. He could be a good punt returner imo.

Understandable. I have no problem if this move is to have Veii play slot or ST, but I would be very confused if we recruited him as a DB.

Exactly, this is why he won't start as a CB. He may prefer to play CB but he said he will do what's best for the team.

Also, not every "CB" is a true corner. Ciante Evans has carved out a nice spot as our nickel back and he's only 5-11, 185. We definitely would rather have bigger guys but so would everyone else. Of Rivals' Top 75 corners this year, only 14 are taller than 6-0.

Height isn't nearly as important to me on a Corner, compared to physicality.... We need physical CB's....

Dennard & Miles are good examples of that point.

Since when do we recruit a kid to play special teams? I agree that we need better athletes on the field on ST, but I wouldn't recruit a guy for that reason....

I'll guarantee this is something you will start to see happening more in college. STs is becoming an aspect of the game that if you win your chances of winning a game goes much higher. Dont get me wrong, right now we need to worry more about TOs and defense, but this is something you are going to start seeing imo.

If you can get guys that are focused on STs and do it great it will help alot. You can make it into the NFL b/c of what you do on STs(skill players), its a HUGE aspect of the nfl and becoming much more important in college. You already see long snappers getting full rides, and will start seeing returners get them. Im not saying they wont play other positons too but you will see returners getting full rides and basically just doing that for first 1-2 years while they work themseleves into a possible full time position. But they may not and just end up being a returner their whole career.

Its just a feeling i have about where things are moving. If you dont agree thats fine its JMHO.

He did just retweet a Maryland fan's tweet telling him that he was still a major piece to their puzzle a little bit ago. It's not a big deal, still maybe it says something about him not totally being convinced. Yes, he also retweeted some Nebraska fans, but you think if he was totally convinced like Mixon that he wouldn't be with MD fans.

He also has a pic with a pretty blond and the pic is labeled "UNL"

He did just retweet a Maryland fan's tweet telling him that he was still a major piece to their puzzle a little bit ago. It's not a big deal, still maybe it says something about him not totally being convinced.

Did they describe that when that puzzle is assembled, it will resemble a turd? They probably should.

• Fire 2

He did just retweet a Maryland fan's tweet telling him that he was still a major piece to their puzzle a little bit ago. It's not a big deal, still maybe it says something about him not totally being convinced.

Did they describe that when that puzzle is assembled, it will resemble a turd? They probably should.

Well played sir. +1

Well played sir. +1

Hmm CNRed=huskershark=Bucky=huskerjen???

Let the denials begin.