Combine Invites

GM_Tood

Sean Callahan's take on this mirrors my own:

@Sean_Callahan

Nebaska got only three NFL Combine invites - Burkhead, Maher and Stafford. No invites for Cotton, Reed or PJ SMith. #Huskers

@Sean_Callahan

It goes to show you how much Pelini got out of that senior class, as NFL experts don't see a lot of draft picks in all those seniors.

@Sean_Callahan

Also surprised Will Compton was left out of the combine. I would say Compton and Cotton are the two I thought for sure would get invites.

@Sean_Callahan

Let me add another omission...also no Eric Martin really surprises me. Was always told NFL scouts liked Martin.

I hope Burkhead performs well at the combine. Hopefully something like this:

4.45 40 or faster

40" vertical

25 reps on bench

He deserves every bit of success that he gets. Good luck to all of our guys!

No matter his combine numbers, I think Rex wins over scouts on film and wins GMs in one on ones! This is a guy you want on your team! I believe he goes higher than some think. I think teams will be putting a round on him and hoping he falls. Then they'll get nervous and trade up to take him. My guess. Mid to late fourth round.

4.45 40 or faster

40" vertical

25 reps on bench

I'm curious to see what Rex turns in for a 40 time. It seemed like he was short that last gear before this year but he broke quite a few big runs. I still think he'll be in the second half of RBs in the 40 but I bet he'll be high on the list in other tests.

4.45 40 or faster

40" vertical

25 reps on bench

I'm curious to see what Rex turns in for a 40 time. It seemed like he was short that last gear before this year but he broke quite a few big runs. I still think he'll be in the second half of RBs in the 40 but I bet he'll be high on the list in other tests.

I think if Rex can turn in something in the 4.5 range and do well in the other tests he will really help himself out. 4.5 is nothing to be upset with

Rex just doesn't have the top speed to break long runs. If you look at his long runs this year he got to the third level really quick, but didn't really seem to accelerate past that. That said,he's probably going to have the best 10 yard split. He's also going to show really well in the other agility tests.

Don't talk about Rexy like that you #%$#@%@#!!!!!!!!!! Lol jk jk

• Fire 1