RB Calvin Strong [South Dakota Commit]

OH HSKR FAN

Whether he was coming to Nebraska or not, this is a very unfortunate situation. Hope this young man gets some positive influences in his circle.

Honestly, he needs to pick a school 1000 miles away, and get away from the neighborhood influences he has now.

Usually that doesn't help, it usually causes an even steeper downward slope in behavior

Whether he was coming to Nebraska or not, this is a very unfortunate situation. Hope this young man gets some positive influences in his circle.

Honestly, he needs to pick a school 1000 miles away, and get away from the neighborhood influences he has now.

Usually that doesn't help, it usually causes an even steeper downward slope in behavior

Worked out okay for Roy Helu.

I'd give Ron Brown a lot of credit for that. He built Helu's faith.

Helps more than it hurts. Keeping close and in touch with a bunch of people that are into criminal activity is bad news, and the hour drive between Omaha and Lincoln is no real buffer. Get out, get away, get some positive influences, get an education, and get out of the cycle.

Lawrence Phillips?

Phillips' issues weren't about hanging with the wrong crowd and playing gangster. He pretty clearly had mental issues from a rough upbringing. Not a good comparison.

In any case, I hope Calvin gets his act together and uses his talent to make something of his life.

Phillips' issues weren't about hanging with the wrong crowd and playing gangster. He pretty clearly had mental issues from a rough upbringing. Not a good comparison.

In any case, I hope Calvin gets his act together and uses his talent to make something of his life.

Nvm

Disagree. I don't think the staff knew what position they wanted him at.

They are talking about Lawrence Phillips...not Harrison Phillips...

Disagree. I don't think the staff knew what position they wanted him at.

They are talking about Lawrence Phillips...not Harrison Phillips...

Yea don't know what I was thinking when I made that post.. :lol:

• 5 months later...