***Official Weather Thread***

Anchorman 2 can't get here soon enough. That movie better deliver better than Wintermaggedon Q - Storm of the Millennium.

Basically, storms are produced when a cool air mass collides with a warm, wet air mass. Big storms are produced when these two elements combine in an arena already full of moisture. We have the cold air mass already here. We have the warm air mass coming up from the south. What we need is moisture for that cold air/warm air mix to produce a major snow event. We don't have a humid air mass sitting on top of us right now, so all the moisture needed for this massive amount of snow is going to have to come up from the south in that warm air mass.

This is possible. But I'm not seeing it push SO MUCH warm, moist air up here that we get buried in 10 inches of snow. We'll see what happens, but so far, it's looking underwhelming here in Nebraska.

NOTE - my meteorological knowledge is entirely based on standing outside watching storms go by, so if someone with actual factual meteorological smarts wants to come in and tell me where I'm full of it, I'm more than willing to learn. :D