Combine

Rex will impress when the actual football drills start, nobody expected him to amaze during the 40, He will look alot better in everybodys eyes when they see his hands, and when they see his quickness and explosiveness in and out of cuts

This is true but I still thought he might be a little faster. It will knock him down a bit on some draft boards but anyone who's watched his tape knew he isn't blazing fast.

Rex makes a lot of big plays and long runs. He might not get that at the pro level, but it's clear he knows how to pick his lanes and wiggle around for extra yardage. Apart from the elite speed, he has it all. Honestly, what difference does it make if you run a 4.55 vs a 4.7? You're going to get caught from behind by somebody in both cases.

I hope NFL teams realize that.

Rex makes a lot of big plays and long runs. He might not get that at the pro level, but it's clear he knows how to pick his lanes and wiggle around for extra yardage. Apart from the elite speed, he has it all. Honestly, what difference does it make if you run a 4.55 vs a 4.7? You're going to get caught from behind by somebody in both cases.

I hope NFL teams realize that.

I'm not sure about "a lot". He finally had a few this year and his 73 yarder against tOSU was great but his second-longest run in his career against a conference or bowl opponent was 33 yards.

The 40 yard dash has been overvalued for years and I don't think that will change now. But it only takes one team to really like you and I bet he'll find a place in the late rounds.

Looking on NFL.com, it looks like Rex has been doing well aside from the 40.

2nd best vertical at 39 inches

2nd best broad jump at 125 inches

The guy is explosive, let's give him that.

Surprised he struggled in the bench press - finishing 13th.

It'll be interesting to see how the agility drills come out.

Looking on NFL.com, it looks like Rex has been doing well aside from the 40.

2nd best vertical at 39 inches

2nd best broad jump at 125 inches

The guy is explosive, let's give him that.

Surprised he struggled in the bench press - finishing 13th.

It'll be interesting to see how the agility drills come out.

I wouldn't say he struggled in the bench. I'd actually say he did very well. Montee Ball pulling only 15 reps is struggling.