O8n7o.png

247: :star :star :star

Rivals: :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star

Twitter

Highlights

Luke Gifford@luke_gifford

Just got offered a scholarship by nebraska! I've been dreaming of this day for as long i can remember! #GBR #HuskerNation

Yeah. He'll commit early. However, this means he is going to get overlooked by most schools and end up underrated by most recruiting sites as a result.

Still, got to love the in-state talent this year.

Is Luke the type of leader that can help recruit other prospects? I don't know Luke so I have to ask to know.

Based on his UVs to N, he went to the Arkansas St, Idaho St, Michigan, and Minnesota games last year. Definitely a big fan of :bigredn:

He's a high school kid in Lincoln... :D

I'm just playing with you. Paulie, ADS, I know you guys have watched the football down in the Lincoln area with Banderas and Foster. Ever seen this kid play? Opinions?

Based on his UVs to N, he went to the Arkansas St, Idaho St, Michigan, and Minnesota games last year. Definitely a big fan of :bigredn:

I'm just playing with you. Paulie, ADS, I know you guys have watched the football down in the Lincoln area with Banderas and Foster. Ever seen this kid play? Opinions?

Outside of Foster, he's probably the second best prospect in the state. Like him better than Phillips, worthy of an offer for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing him at WR, and maybe getting him up around 210-215

Outside of Foster, he's probably the second best prospect in the state. Like him better than Phillips, worthy of an offer for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing him at WR, and maybe getting him up around 210-215

Wherever he ends up on the field it will depend on how he grows. I don't see us offering more than one other in-state prospect for a while for this recruiting cycle. Why? We need a QB, a RB, some OL, some DL, ILB, OLB, 3-4 CBs, TE, 2 Ss. That right there is more than a full class. So not much room right now to offer the other in-state guys outside of the DE.

Wherever he ends up on the field it will depend on how he grows. I don't see us offering more than one other in-state prospect for a while for this recruiting cycle. Why? We need a QB, a RB, some OL, some DL, ILB, OLB, 3-4 CBs, TE, 2 Ss. That right there is more than a full class. So not much room right now to offer the other in-state guys outside of the DE.

If we have talent worthy of an offer in state we need to offer and get them to stay here period. Snubbing instate talent or especially within the 500 mile radius would be a huge mistake, and yes I do realize we need to concentrate on areas of need, but we can not afford to lose out on local talent.

If we have talent worthy of an offer in state we need to offer and get them to stay here period. Snubbing instate talent or especially within the 500 mile radius would be a huge mistake, and yes I do realize we need to concentrate on areas of need, but we can not afford to lose out on local talent.

We can if they truly aren't D1 talent. You don't just take local talent b/c they are local. That's just not smart. I'm all for taking local kids if they are good enough, but if they are just going to take up a schollie and sit on the bench then what's the use??